About the Prince Edward Island International Student Program
The Prince Edward Island International Student Program (PEIISP) provides public education opportunities to international students wishing to continue their education in PEI. Our schools provide a quality learning experience for everyone from kindergarten to grade 12 (elementary and secondary).
PEI schools offer a wide range of programs provided by dedicated and caring staff, as well as an extensive curriculum(link to curriculum page) to meet the needs of students. After the successful completion of high school, students are ready to take on the challenge of post-secondary studies.
The PEI International Student Program offers:
- Professional staff will receive and review your application to the PEIISP and answer your questions along the way.
- Assistance with find living arrangements with Homestay program
- School that suit student’s needs
- Convenient application and payment options
- Education in English or French
- 62 Schools to choose from, 6 of which are French and 29 of our English schools offer French immersion
- Classes begin in September and finish in June
Minors up to grade 6 must be cared for by a parent or legal custodian, older students can take part of the Homestay program to facilitate living arrangements
What are the benefits?
- PEI classes sizes are small, allowing for more teacher / student time
- Working with people of diverse cultures
- Students take part in the Canadian experience
- Opportunity to live and learn in beautiful Prince Edward Island
- Build relationships and collaborate with like-minded people
Prince Edward Island schools feature:
- World class education in Canada’s safest province
- A safe and clean environment that welcomes people from all around the world
- One of the most comprehensive English as an Additional Language (EAL) programs in Canada
- Well maintained and equipped education facilities including libraries, science and technology labs, athletic facilities, skilled trades labs, visual arts, theatre arts and music
- Two high schools that offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Programme: Colonel Gray High School and Charlottetown Rural High School.
- Interactive technology utilizing Smart boards, integrating Google’s G Suite of Educational Applications and Extensions, supported by a wireless access at the high school level and at the majority of Intermediate schools
For more information about the curriculums in PEI schools, visit the Curriculum Guides page.
What is the process to join the Program?
- Apply to the program, at least six months in advance (link to how to apply page)
- PEIISP completes an assessment to determine the best school and grade for the student
- Payment of applicable fees
- International student arrives in PEI
- In September, students can start school with the rest of the students.
For more information, visit our How to Apply page.
Prince Edward Island International Student Program