PEI International Student Program (PEIISP) Application Process
Application Submission and Deadline Dates
The PEI education year begins in September and ends in June. High School (Grades 10-12) have two terms: September to January and February to June.
- September start (all grade levels): Deadline for complete application with payment before May 31st
- February start (all grade levels): Deadline for complete application with payment before November 30th
The school calendar can be accessed by clicking on this link.
- Start the easy online application process
- Prepare the supporting documents:
- Physician's Statement of Health
- Participation Terms form (signed by applicant and legal guardian)
- General Release/Waiver form (signed by applicant and legal guardian)
- Certified school transcripts translated into English (from the las two years)
- A copy of the passport with photo
- Referral form
- Custodianship documents (if required)
- Optional: Provide documentation of international English testing/training completed (e.g., TOEFL, IELTS)
- Pay the application fee:
- Include the non-refundable application fee of $275 CDN
- Notice of Acceptance
- You will be notified within two weeks of receipt of a full application package if the application has been accepted (please note a Skype interview may be requested before acceptance).
- Successful applicants will receive a Conditional Letter of Acceptance and an invoice will be issued for payment of full tuition, health insurance and other applicable fees.
- The Letter of acceptance will be issued once all fees have been paid in full.
- Study Permit
- Once the Letter of Acceptance has been received, the student must apply for a Canadian study permit at the nearest Canadian embassy/consulate.
- Intake Meeting
- Please contact the PEIISP at 902-620-3739 to schedule your intake meeting for school registration. Students requiring EAL/FAL support or who plan to graduate from a PEI high school should complete a language proficiency assessment to determine placement and services.
Families who have arrived or will arrive after the application deadlines are asked to contact the Prince Edward Island International Student Office. firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on custodianship, please refer to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada