2021 Winter Perch Fishery
Beginning in late January, PEI in cooperation with the Department of Fisheries and Oceans, is conducting a test recreational White Perch fishery at three Island locations. There is no fee to participate but each person must *register first and then complete and return the 2021 White Perch Fishery Logbook.
How do I register?
To register* for the 2021 season and to receive your 2021 White Perch Fishery logbook, email email@example.com and include your:
- Full name
- Home address
- Mailing address (if different)
- Postal code
- Phone number
* Special Permit Notes:
- New permits are only issued once a week on Friday mornings.
- Logbooks will also be sent out at that time.
- Permit numbers will change each week. Please refer to the number issued for the current week.
What are the rules?
Once you are registered and have your 2021 White Perch Fishery logbook you must abide by the following rules:
- season runs from January to the end of March 2021.
- maximum of 25 white perch per day (record each one)
- Trout must also be recorded and then immediately released unharmed
- maximum of 4 lines/person
- maximum of three hooks/line - barbless hooks only
- Return the completed 2021 Winter Perch logbook as soon as possible
Where can I fish for white perch this winter?
There are three areas open during the 2021 winter perch season
Are there other factors I should be aware of?
Island ponds and rivers are not checked for ice conditions, Users are responsible to ensure their own personal safety when traveling or fishing on ice.
The Canadian Red Cross offers some good ice fishing safety tips and ideas.