Recycling Facility Permit

Le contenu suivant est seulement disponible en anglais.

Do I need a permit to operate a recycling facility?

Anyone who wishes to operate a recycling facility must first obtain a Recycling Facility Permit.

How can I get a Permit to Operate a Recycling Facility?

You must complete an Application to Operate a Recycling Facility form and forward it, together with the required fee, to the department.

What materials can be recycled with a recycling facility permit?

You can apply for a permit to operate a recycling facility and recycle items such as:

  • automotive salvage;
  • cardboard;
  • construction and demolition waste;
  • glass;
  • paper;
  • plastics; and
  • scrap metals.

What are the fees?

$100 is the fee for a recycling facility permit.   HST is not required.  $50 is the additional fee for a permit endorsement if you are recycling automotive salvage and/or scrap metal.

Make cheques payable to the Minister of Finance.

How long does the application process take?

Your application may take two to six weeks to process.

Who can I contact for more information?

Sandra Keough (Environment Officer)
Access PEI Summerside
120 Heather Moyse Drive
Summerside, PEI
Telephone: (902) 368-5024
Fax: (902) 368-5830
Email: sends e-mail)


Date de publication : 
le 29 Novembre 2019
Environnement, Énergie et Action climatique

Renseignements généraux

Ministère de l'Environnement, Énergie et Action climatique 
Immeuble Jones, 4e étage
11, rue Kent
C.P. 2000
Charlottetown (Î.-P.-É.) C1A 7N8

Téléphone : 902-368-5044
Sans frais : 1-866-368-5044
Télécopieur : 902-368-5830
Signaler une Préoccupation Environnementale