2022 Winter Perch Fishery
Beginning on January 1st, 2022 PEI, in cooperation with the Department of Fisheries and Oceans, is opening up the recreational White Perch fishery.
How do I participate?
There is no registration required for the 2022 perch season, which runs from January 1-March 31.
What are the rules?
- A valid angling license for 2021-22 is required
- No registration is needed – general angling regulations apply
- Maximum of one rod (3 hooks) per person
- Daily limit of 25 perch, minimum length of 10 cm (3.9”)
- All other fish caught must be released
- Shelters can be used but cannot be left on the ice overnight
- Please mark your holes with branches when finished fishing for the day
- No logbook is required for the 2022 season
Where can I fish for white perch this winter?
At this time, there is one location open during the 2022 winter perch season:
Are there other factors I should be aware of?
Island ponds and rivers are not checked for ice conditions, Users are responsible to ensure their own personal safety when travelling or fishing on ice.
The Canadian Red Cross offers some good ice fishing safety tips and ideas.
How can I offer my input and ideas?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or comments related to the 2022 winter perch fishing season.