Air Quality Permit

Le contenu suivant est seulement disponible en anglais.

When do I need an Air Quality Permit?

You need an Air Quality Permit if your company operates any of the following:

  • fuel burning equipment (utility and non-utility boilers), 
  • incinerators,
  • industrial sources (e.g., asphalt plants), or
  • used oil burners. 

Where can I find the application forms?

The application forms can be downloaded below:

What is the fee?

The fee depends upon the type and class of the facility. The fee schedule is available in the Air Quality Regulations (Schedule D). 

Make cheques payable to the Minister of Finance.

How long will it take to get an Air Quality Permit?

Allow approximately two weeks to process your application for a permit.

Is there a list of permit holders?

Yes, a list of Air Quality Permits issued by year is available on the PEI Open Data Portal.

Who can I contact for more information?

Sean Ledgerwood (Air and Water Monitoring Supervisor)
4th Floor, Jones Building
11 Kent Street
Charlottetown, PEI C1A 7N8
Telephone: (902) 368-4686
Fax: (902) 368-5830

Date de publication : 
le 11 Janvier 2024