Professional Services Assistance
The Professional Services Assistance provides a non-repayable contribution towards the cost for a Prince Edward Island small business to hire a professional for business development services.
The project must provide economic benefit to the province and cannot jeopardize similar businesses.
Who is eligible for Professional Services funding?
Entrepreneurs with limited business development experience who require guidance to develop a business/marketing plan or obtain training in management skills.
What activities are supported through this assistance?
This assistance will contribute to some of the costs associated with:
- acquiring professional services to create a business/marketing plan and present the information in a clear, professional format; and
- developing management skills in areas such as, but not limited to:
- Personnel management
- Advertising and promotion
- Financial analysis
- Market planning
- Quality control
What level of assistance is available?
This assistance may contribute up to 50 per cent of the cost to engage a professional business consultant to provide:
- business and marketing planning, not to exceed $1,000, or
- management skills training, not to exceed $500.
What criteria are used to evaluate funding applications?
Not all projects meeting the minimum criteria will receive funding. Applications should meet with an Innovation PEI representative to determine if the activity could be eligible for funding.
How do I apply for Professional Services funding?
- Print and submit the completed application for Professional Services Assistance (963 kb)
- Apply online for this funding.
Application must be submitted before any financial or legal commitment is made on the project.
*This information is provided for information purposes and is not comprehensive and reflective of all Innovation PEI policies. Not all projects meeting the minimum assistance criteria outlined will receive funding. Please consult with an Innovation PEI staff member for guidance specific to your company's situation.
Who can I contact for information?
94 Euston Street, PO Box 910
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7L9
Telephone: (902) 368-6300
Facsimile: (902) 368-6301