Parenting Coordination Program

Le contenu suivant est seulement disponible en anglais.

A parenting coordinator assists separated and divorced parents to resolve their parenting disputes through mediation, coaching and parent education with the goal of reducing conflict  and decreasing their likelihood of returning to Court. If parents cannot come to an agreement after mediating the issue, the parenting coordinator can make binding decisions on certain parenting matters.

How does a parent coordinator become involved?

The court may appoint a parenting coordinator if a child’s parents and family members are involved in a high-conflict or complex child custody or access case. Families also have the option to retain a Parenting Coordinator through Agreement. PEI provides both public and private sector Parenting Coordination Services. To qualify for publicly funded Parenting Coordination Services, several family factors are considered including income, the nature of the family issues, and the complexity of the individual case. 

How can a parenting coordinator help us?

The objective of parenting coordination is to help parents  communicate, make decisions and resolve parenting issues in a way that fosters a healthy co-parenting relationship and supports the best interests of the children involved.

A parenting coordinator can assist you to:

  • Follow your existing parenting arrangement to minimize parental conflict and reduce risk to children;
  • Work out parenting arrangement issues as they arise;
  • Create respectful communication guidelines if you have difficulty communicating with each other; and
  • Identify and create strategies for resolving future parental conflicts.

How do I contact the publicly funded Parenting Coordinator?

Parenting Coordination Program
Family Law Centre (Charlottetown)

Phone: (902) 368-6928


Date de publication : 
le 19 Avril 2018
Justice et Sécurité publique

Renseignements généraux

Family Law Section
Honourable C.R. McQuaid Family Law Centre
1 Harbourside Access Road
Phone - (902) 368-6940
Fax - (902) 368-6934