Submissions and Forms for Municipal Government
This page was created to provide a one stop for municipal governments to find the required submission links, and forms needed or required by the Municipal Government Act (MGA). Please let us know if we are missing a form by emailing email@example.com
- Financial Plan includes budget and capital plan is due April 15 each year
- Financial audited statements due October 15 each year
- Report a Council Member Vacancy
- Election Summary Report (Election Regulations s. 85)
- File a Bylaw for filing
- Request Changes to Municipal Directory
- Nothing at this time.
Forms by Topic Area
There are a number of templates/forms that Municipal Affairs provides to municipalities either as required by the Municipal Government Act - MGA or as a helpful tool to municipalities.
- Operating Budget Template (link within first paragraph to download MS Excel spreadsheet)
- Asset Management/Capital Template (Municipal Expenditure Tool - 5 year capital plan)
- Annual Municipal Information Return - AMIR replaces the Municipal Financial Information Return (MFIR) (due October 15) Please have your CAO contact Municipal Affairs if they have not already received the return by email.
Election & By-Election Forms
- Notice of Nomination Proceedings (By-Election)
- (Notice of Nomination Proceedings (By-Election) in Advertising Format
- Candidate Nomination Form
- Candidate Withdrawal Form (Pre- Nomination Day)
- Candidate Withdrawal Form (Post Nomination Day)
- Candidate Agent Form
- Election Official Declaration
- Returning Officer Declaration
- Ballot Templates
Election Day Forms
The Poll Clerk uses the Official List of Electors (provided by the Returning Officer) and maintains the Election Record during the voting process. Template Election Record
The Poll Clerk and other counters will use a Tally Sheet to mark the votes for each candidate.
- Elector Instructions Poster
- Municipal Oath of Office (after elected)
- Disclosure Statement of Campaign Contributions and Election Expenses Municipal Election Campaigns
- Council Member Disclosure Statement Form Yearly reporting of council member (November each year)
- Fees/expenses for election officials - Elections PEI example from Elections Act tariff of fees and expenses regulations