My Job Account Support
How do I register for My Job Account?
- Click on "My Job Account" in the left gray menu bar then click on the blue REGISTER button. You can also click on "Register" in the grey common menu bar that runs above the top of this page.
- Enter all of your information and click the "Register" button at the bottom of the page.
- Then enter your profile information. Enter all fields that are required. There are multiple tabs on the "My Application screen". Fill areas in to give as much information as possible to help us screen your application correctly. Remember to click Save in the top right corner as you complete each tab.
- Under the "My Resume" tab you can also upload multiple versions of resumes and cover letters. This way you can attach specific resumes and cover letters when you go to apply for different competitions.
- Once your application is complete, you can log out by clicking “LOGOUT” in the top right corner of the webpage or you can view job postings by clicking on either “Provincial Government” or “Health Sector” (located on the left hand side of the screen).
How do I log in to My Job Account?
- Click on 'My Job Account' in the left grey menu bar then click on the blue LOG IN button. You can also click on "Log In" in the grey common menu bar that runs above the top of this page.
- Once your account is created, go to Jobs PEI
- Choose either "Provincial Government Opportunities" or "Health Career Opportunities" to view advertised jobs.
- Browse opportunities. You can select any of the competitions and scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Apply Now" button to send this competition to the My Posting tab. You’re able to apply for more than one competition at any one time. The "My Posting" tab is a running list of competitions that you wish to apply for.
- Once you have finished browsing you can then submit the competitions you have applied for by going to the "My Posting" tab, selecting the checkboxes by each competition then clicking "Submit" in the top right corner.
- At this point you’ll need to log in using the information you created in the Register step above.
How do I apply for a job through My Job Account?
- Once you have logged in you then have the option of attaching resumes and/or cover letters to each of the competitions you have applied for. You can click on the "My Resume" tab and add any resumes and cover letters that you wish to use. Accepted formats are PDF, Word, Wordperfect and RTF. File sizes can range up to 2MBs. Once they are uploaded you then have the option of attaching them to competitions in the "My Postings" tab by clicking on the competition then clicking the "Attach Resume" button above.
- Whether you choose to attach resumes and cover letters or not you’re now at the final step of applying. Simply click the box on the right hand of each of the competitions you’d like to apply for and then click the "Apply" button.
- A declaration window appears indicating that the information you’ve provided is truthful and provided in good faith. By clicking "Yes" on this window you will have completed the process of applying for the competitions you selected. Jobs that you applied for are now listed in the "My History" tab so that you can track the competitions that you’ve applied for.
How do I know if my online application has been received?
After you apply and provide a valid e-mail address, you will receive an email confirming receipt of your application. In the event you do not receive an email confirmation, be sure to follow up with PEI Public Service Commission prior to the closing date to ensure receipt of your application.
How can I view my cover-letter and resume after I apply?
Go to "My Profile" section of Jobs PEI. Simply log in to view and edit your information.
Why can’t I upload my cover letter or resume?
- Check the file format and file name of your document.
- The accepted file formats are Plain Text (.txt), Microsoft Word (.doc and .docx), WordPerfect (.wpd), Rich Text Format (.rtf), Open Document Text (.odt) and PDF (.pdf) file format.
- The maximum file size is 500 KB (kilobytes).
- You must also assign a name to the document you would like to upload.
What should I do if my resume information has changed and I have already submitted my application for a particular Job?
- If the competition is still active, you can update your resume.
- Log in to your Jobs PEI Profile and make necessary changes.
- After making changes, contact the PEI Public Service Commission requesting to reprint your new application, at which point we will collect your most current information.
How do I retrieve my forgotten password?
To retrieve your password and access your My Jobs account:
- Go to the log in page, click on "forgot my password."
- Enter your email address and click "submit."
- We will send an email to that account with your password to log in.
Why can't I open the job listings page?
If you are experiencing any issues, the recommended browsers for viewing the job listings under Jobs PEI are:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer (version 6.0 and above)
I still have problems accessing the website. What can I do?
If you are using these browsers and still having difficulty viewing the site or you are getting error messages while using the site, it may be an issue with your browser cache. You will need to clear the cache and reload the page you are having problems with. View instructions on clearing your browser cache
Where can I find the job posting after the competition has closed?
Contact the PEI Public Service Commission for a copy of job posting after the competition has closed as it will no longer be available on the website.
If I am interested in applying for more than one job posting, do I need to submit more than one resume?
- You will need to submit an application and/or resume and cover letter for each job posting for which you apply.
- Always quote the job posting ID number on your application form regardless of the method you decide to use in applying.
I don’t see any job position matching my resume. What can I do?
- If you do not find any positions advertised that match the type of work you are looking for, you can still forward us your application with the preferred type of work indicated.
- We will keep your resume on file for one year in the event that a casual position should arise.