Closures and Service Options
Many provincial government sites and services have updated public access to sites due to recent restrictions and public health measures. Call ahead to confirm hours of service and location.
- Islanders who require services may do so virtually. If an in-person visit in unavoidable, they must make an appointment and be screened before attending their booked appointment.
- Patient appointments at the Douses Road location continue as normal with usual screening of clients with COVID-19 symptoms.
Education and Lifelong Learning
Effective March 4th, the Department of Education and Lifelong Learning office at 250 Water Street, Summerside will be open to the public.
Schools, post-secondary institutions and training programs cross the province will be open.
Access PEI sites and services
- Most Access PEI locations are back to normal operations.
Access PEI Offices in Tignish and Alberton are open alternating weeks until further notice:
Provincial Planning and Inspection Services
- Beginning at 8:00 am on March 4, 2021, the Land Division's Provincial Planning and Inspection Services Sections located at 31 Gordon Drive in Charlottetown will reopen to the public. It is still recommended that appointments be made for those services that cannot be provided remotely. Our hours of operation continue to be 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.,
Our offices located within Access PEI Sites will follow normal business hours. Please contact us at (902)-368-5280 (Charlottetown), (902)-838-0605 (Montague) or (902)-432-2802 (Summerside), if you have any questions or concerns.
Agriculture, Forestry and Environment Services
- Agriculture Insurance Corporation (7 Gerald McCarville Drive, Kensington) is open to the public. Clients are encouraged to contact their agent by phone or email.
- Beginning at 8:30 am Thursday March 4, PEI Analytical Laboratories will return to offering routine testing services.
- Public access to PEI Analytical Laboratories will remain 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Please ensure that the sample submission form is completed prior to arrival at the laboratory. Questions can be directed to 902-620-3300.
- Forestry and Wildlife services (183 Upton Road) by appointment only.
- Apply for Domestic Burning Permit online
- Apply for Hedgerow Planting online
- View the Fire Weather Index online
Department of Fisheries and Communities - Municipal Affairs Office
- Fisheries and Communities office at 548 Main Street Montague will be by appointment only. To access services or for further information, please contact at (902) 620-3558, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Libraries and Museums
- All 26 public library locations are open to the public. Curbside pickup is available to borrow books, DVDs and musical instruments. Call or email your local library to access this service.
- Provincial museums open to the public: Beaconsfield Historic House, Eptek Art and Culture Centre, and the Acadian Museum
- Public Archives is open to the public.
- The Taxation office will remain open for payments.
Social Development and Housing
- Social Assistance, AccessAbility Supports, Seniors Independence and Child Care Subsidy Programs have moved to telephone and virtual service delivery, where possible. Please call your Supports Coordinator or the toll-free Screening Line at 1-877-569-0546 if you need assistance.
- Common areas in PEI owned seniors housing units are closed and visitor restrictions of no more than two visitors per household are in place until December 21. If there are questions or concerns regarding these restrictions, residents can contact their local housing office.
- COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool
- Travellers apply for pre-travel approval to PEI
- Register for a family doctor or nurse practitioner
- Renew your PEI Health Card(s)
- Apply for PEI Health Card - New Residents
- Apply for Generic Drug Program
- Apply for a Civic Address
- Apply for Hedgerow Planting
- Apply online for a Public Library Card or Request an Interlibrary Loan
- Request a property Coastal Erosion and Flood Risk Assessment
- Apply for Energy Efficient Equipment Rebate
- Request a Milestone Certificate from the Premier
See more online services for education, family and community, health and others.
Business, Organizations and Non-profit Groups:
- Apply for Tourism Interest Relief for PEI tourism operators
- Request Fisheries Interest Relief for PEI fishers
- Apply for temporary wage top-up for essential workers
- Apply for COVID-19 adaptation assistance for not-for-profits, and non-governmental organizations
- Apply for an Electrical Permit
- Apply to the Active Transportation Fund
- Apply for Hedgerow Planting
Have a suggested online service? Contact the Web Digital Office.
Other Services and Locations
To allow for screening, clients are asked to book an appointment before arriving at any of the following offices:
- Access and Privacy Offices
- Charlottetown Registry Office - will be open to the public by appointment on Tuesdays from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Child Support Guidelines Office, Harbourside
- Employment Development Agency
- Family Court Counsellors Office, Harbourside
- Family Law Centre - is open to the public however, the public is encouraged to make an appointment and the office is operating with a preference for phone or virtual service.
- Finance PEI
- Financial and Consumer Services -Licensing and Registry Service will be available by phone or email only in both Charlottetown and Montague.
- Housing Services
- Legal Aid and Family Legal Aid Offices - Offices in Summerside and Charlottetown are closed to the public, but contact can be made by telephone or via e-mail.
- Innovation PEI
Island Waste Management Corporation - All drop off centers are closed to the public until Thursday, March 4, 2021. Residential collections will proceed as scheduled.
Maintenance Enforcement Office, Harbourside
Mark Arendz Provincial Ski Park - will be open to the public.
- Municipal Affairs (office is closed to the public with full services by telephone or email only)
- Office of the Children’s Lawyer, Harbourside - is open to the public however, the public is encouraged to make an appointment and the office is operating with a preference for phone or virtual service.
- Office of Immigration (Island Investment Development Inc.)
- PEI Liquor Control Commission will operate at 50% capacity.
- Cannabis PEI will operate at 50% capacity.
- Pensions Office
- Probation Services
- Public Guardian and Public Trustee Office, Harbourside - is open to the public however, the public is encouraged to make an appointment and the office is operating with a preference for phone or virtual service.
- Rural Development
- Social Programs Offices
- Victim Services - will be available virtually or by phone only. Clients requesting services can contact the main number, 902-888-8218 in Summerside, or by emailing email@example.com
- Vital Statistics (marriage licence, birth and death certificate, change of name services)
- Workers’ Compensation Board - is closed to public but virtual services continue.
- Youth Justice Services - will be operating virtually and by phone only.