Closures and Service Options
Many provincial government sites and services have updated public access to sites due to recent restrictions and public health measures. Call ahead to confirm hours of service and location.
Access PEI sites and services
- Access PEI Charlottetown
- Service is reserved for seniors only (age 60+) on Tuesday morning.
- Island residents may phone or email for services (such as drivers licence or vehicle registration renewal) from anywhere in PEI - 902-838-0600 or email email@example.com
- Access PEI O’Leary, Summerside, Wellington, Charlottetown and Souris locations open to the public. Use online services, if available.
- Service is reserved for seniors only (age 60+) on Tuesdays from 8:00 am to 11:30 am.
- Access PEI Montague open to the public. Use online services, if available.
- Alberton and Tignish locations open on alternate weeks.
- Access PEI has expanded contactless service through Contact PEI. To take advantage of this service, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-833-734-1873. Services offered include driver's license renewals, motor vehicle registration renewals and address changes.
Provincial Planning and Inspection Services
- Inspection Services located at 31 Gordon Drive is open to the public between the hours of 8 am to 5 pm Monday - Friday.
Agriculture, Forestry and Environment Services
- PEI Agricultural Insurance Corporation (7 Gerald McCarville Drive, Kensington) is closed during this period. There is a drop box outside the front door.
- PEI Analytical Labratories (Biocommons Park, 23 Innovation Way, Charlottetown) remains open.
- Forestry and Wildlife services (183 Upton Road) by appointment only.
- Apply for Domestic Burning Permit online
- Apply for Hedgerow Planting online
- View the Fire Weather Index online
Agriculture Insurance Corporation
- The office located at 7 Gerald McCarville Drive in Kensington will be closed to the public until December 21. A drop-off box for paperwork is located outside the front door. To access services or for more information, please call (902) 836-0435.
- Courts cases are heard by video, audio, and in-person as appropriate. Visit Courts - COVID-19 Impacts.
Department of Fisheries and Communities - Municipal Affairs Office
- The Municipal Affairs office will be closed to the public for the remainder of the circuit breaker period. To access services or for further information, please contact at (902) 620-3558, or by email at email@example.com.
Libraries and Museums
- All 26 public library locations are open to the public. Curbside pickup is available to borrow books, DVDs and musical instruments. Call or email your local library to access this service.
- All provincial museum sites are closed to the public until December 21st.
- Public Archives is closed to the public.
Justice and Public Safety
Community and Correctional Services will remain open for business during the Circuit Breaker period of December 18 - January 11, 2021, with the following modifications:
- Custody Programs: Visitors to adult custody sites will be suspended. Clinical face-to-face visits at custody sites will continue on emergency basis only.
- Clinical Services: Clinicians will work remotely, where possible, but come in to office or custody sites, as required. Client appointments will be by phone/Zoom, and clinical group programs are on hold until the New Year.
- Community Programs: Face-to-face client interviews will be reduced and by appointment only
- Victim Services: Victim Services Workers will be available to assist clients by phone or email. Face-to-face client interviews will be available where necessary, by appointment only.
Social Development and Housing
- Social Assistance, AccessAbility Supports, Seniors Independence and Child Care Subsidy Programs have moved to telephone and virtual service delivery, where possible, until December 21. Please call your Supports Coordinator or the toll-free Screening Line at 1-877-569-0546 if you need assistance.
- Common areas in PEI owned seniors housing units are closed and visitor restrictions of no more than two visitors per household are in place until December 21. If there are questions or concerns regarding these restrictions, residents can contact their local housing office.
- Summerside: 120 Heather Moyse Drive – (902) 888-8436
- Charlottetown: 161 St. Peters Road – (902) 368-5770
- Montague: 41 Wood Islands Road – (902) 838-0796
- Souris: 15 Green Street – (902) 687-7098
- COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool
- Travellers apply for pre-travel approval to PEI
- Register for a family doctor or nurse practitioner
- Renew your PEI Health Card(s)
- Apply for PEI Health Card - New Residents
- Apply for Generic Drug Program
- Apply for a Civic Address
- Apply for Hedgerow Planting
- Apply online for a Public Library Card or Request an Interlibrary Loan
- Request a property Coastal Erosion and Flood Risk Assessment
- Apply for Energy Efficient Equipment Rebate
- Request a Milestone Certificate from the Premier
See more online services for education, family and community, health and others.
Business, Organizations and Non-profit Groups:
- Apply for Tourism Interest Relief for PEI tourism operators
- Request Fisheries Interest Relief for PEI fishers
- Apply for temporary wage top-up for essential workers
- Apply for COVID-19 adaptation assistance for not-for-profits, and non-governmental organizations
- Apply for an Electrical Permit
- Apply to the Active Transportation Fund
- Apply for Hedgerow Planting
Have a suggested online service? Contact the Web Digital Office.
Other Services and Locations
To allow for screening, clients are asked to book an appointment before arriving at any of the following offices:
- Access and Privacy Offices
- Charlottetown Registry Office (see hours and restrictions on office visits)
- Child Support Guidelines Office, Harbourside
- Employment Development Agency
- Family Court Counsellors Office, Harbourside
- Finance PEI
- Housing Services
- Legal Aid and Family Legal Aid Offices
- Innovation PEI
- Maintenance Enforcement Office, Harbourside
- Municipal Affairs (office is closed to the public with full services by telephone or email only)
- Office of the Children’s Lawyer, Harbourside
- Office of Immigration (Island Investment Development Inc.)
- PEI Liquor Control Commission (see store hours)
- Cannabis PEI (see store hours)
- Pensions Office
- Probation Services
- Public Guardian and Public Trustee Office, Harbourside
- Rural Development
- Social Programs Offices
- Victim Services
- Vital Statistics (marriage licence, birth and death certificate, change of name services)
- Workers’ Compensation Board - some restrictions on office visits
- Youth Justice Services