Emergency Medicine - Western Hospital - Alberton
The West Prince Health Primary Care Network requires a full-time family physician to provide the full scope of emergency medicine services to patients attending the Emergency Department at Western Hospital located in the town of Alberton.
Located in the western part of Prince Edward Island, Alberton is part of the North Cape Coastal Drive, a beautiful and natural coastal drive to view the Island’s white and red sand beaches; towering red sandstone capes; and essential coastal stops to breathe in the breathtaking views.
The West Prince Health Primary Care Network is operated by Health PEI, a crown corporation responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island. Health PEI's head office is located at 16 Garfield Street, Charlottetown, PEI.
One (1) position
- $175.00 per hour
- 31% of fee-for-service shadow-billing based on the Master Agreement between the Medical Society of PEI, the Government of Prince Edward Island and Health PEI. For details, please refer to the Master Agreement.
- Additional separate billing fees from third-party payers (for example Worker's Compensation and Quebec/International patients).
Hours of Work:
- 12 hour shifts from 8:00 am to 8:00 pm with overnight call coverage for in-patients.
- Return-in-Service grant and Moving Expense Allowance are available.
- Opportunity to teach with the Family Medicine Residency Training Program with faculty appointment from Dalhousie Medical School.
- Electronic hospital patient record system (CERNER).
- Computerized provider order entry system (CPOE).
Certifications and Other Requirements:
- MCCEE, MCCQE Part I and MCCQE Part II as well as 1- 2 years of clinical experience working in Canada.
- Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI
- Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging.
- ACLS and PALS required
- Emergency Medicine experience considered an asset
To apply, send C.V. to:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat
(902) 368-6302; email@example.com
"In the event of a discrepancy in information on this website and the Master Agreement, the Master Agreement shall prevail."