Family Medicine Long Term Locum - In- Province
Health PEI is seeking a full time locum who could work in various areas across the province to cover off leaves of absence (maternity/paternity/vacation/sick, etc) or vacant practices within complement of family physicians based on areas of greatest need within the health care system. This locum could potentially also provide care to the unaffiliated patient population in PEI. The office-based practice may or may not include inpatient care, to be determined by Health PEI. The locum physician will be notified in advance of the schedule and location for work, as well as other conditions of the locum placement.
Health PEI is a crown corporation responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island. Health PEI's Head Office is located at 16 Garfield Street, Charlottetown, PEI.
Physicians will be contract-for-service payment modality.
• Base contract-for-service range is $96.97 - $103.86/hour.
• Inpatient care provided on weekends and outside regular contract-for-service hours is paid on a fee-for-service basis.
Please contact the Recruitment and Retention Secretariat at email@example.com to discuss remuneration information and options in further detail.
The Family Medicine Long Term Locum Physician - In-Province is committing to one year of full time practice is eligible for the following financial support and expense reimbursement:
• Medical Society of Prince Edward Island member fees covered by Health PEI
• College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI Licensure expenses
• MCC-AMR Application Fee ($205) and PEI Application Fee ($400) for Physicians Apply will be reimbursed by Health PEI
• License fee with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI will be covered by Health PEI
• If traveling to the Island from out of province, reimbursement of one return economy airfare up To a maximum of $2,000, or travel by car reimbursed according to the current government mileage rates, plus bridge and road toll fees, up to the cost of an economy return air ticket. Itemized receipts are required.
• Long distance in province mileage, reimbursed according to the current government mileage rates, when scheduled to work outside the Physician’s home base.
• An incentive of $4,000 per month, pro-rated based on number of hours worked.
Hours of Work:
Regular office access Monday-Friday up to 37.5 hours/week to a maximum 1725 hours/year for contract-for-service physicians.
Certifications and Other Requirements:
• MCCEE, MCCQE Part I and MCCQE Part II as well as at least 1- 2 years of clinical experience working in Canada.
• Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island.
• Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging.
• CCFP physicians will be given priority.
• Work experience preferable.
For further information, contact:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment and Retention Secretariat
Department of Health and Wellness
(902) 368-6302; firstname.lastname@example.org