Locum - Anesthetist - Charlottetown
Are you looking for an opportunity that fosters a strong culture of teamwork? How about working on an Island surrounded by red sand and beaches, breathtaking views, friendly communities, world-famous seafood, and culinary adventures?
Look no further than Prince Edward Island...
The Department of Anesthesiology at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital has locum opportunities beginning in the Fall of 2020 and for up to a period of one year. Located in Charlottetown, the Queen Elizabeth Hospital is a 243-bed facility that provides emergency, surgical, inpatient and ambulatory care services.
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital is operated by Health PEI, a crown corporation responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island. Health PEI's head office is located at 16 Garfield Street, Charlottetown, PEI.
Physicians have the option of choosing a fee-for-service or contract for service payment modality.
- Base contract-for-service rate is $130.65 - $149.52/hour.
- Fee-for-service is based on the Tariff of Fees in the Master Agreement.
- After hours and weekend on-call services provided outside regular contract-for-service hours are paid on a fee-for-service basis. A contract-for-service option also provides a guarantee incentive.
To discuss remuneration and options in further detail, contact the Recruitment and Retention Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours of Work:
Up to 37.5 hours/week to a maximum 1,725 hours/year for contact for service physicians.
- Return travel based on economy airfare. If traveling by car, mileage rates are determined by PEI Treasury Board Policy and cannot exceed economy airfare.
- Application fees with the Medical Society of PEI and some application fees with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI will be covered.
- Locum support stipend to offset the cost of accommodations and other living expenses: $200/day worked June-September and $150/day worked October-May up to a maximum of $7,500 per fiscal year. Physicians must complete the Locum Support Stipend form to receive these funds.
- Arrangements and payment for car rental and accommodations are the responsibility of the physician.
Certifications and Other Requirements:
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada eligibility or certification
- Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island
- Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging
- US Boards are acceptable
- Work experience preferable
For further information:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat
Department of Health & Wellness
(902) 368-6302; email@example.com