Locum - Emergency Medicine – Queen Elizabeth Hospital - Charlottetown
Do you believe that patient experience comes first? Do you want to work with a team that strives to deliver excellent care, to every patient, every time?
Look no further than Prince Edward Island – an island surrounded by red sand and beaches, breathtaking views, friendly communities, world-famous seafood and culinary adventures.
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital has locum opportunities for physicians to join their Emergency Department team that provides the full scope of emergency medicine services. Located in the capital city of Charlottetown, the Queen Elizabeth Hospital is the provincial referral centre for specialized hospital services. It is operated by Health PEI, a crown corporation responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island. Health PEI's head office is located at 16 Garfield Street, Charlottetown, PEI.
- $175.00 per hour
- 31% (April 1, 2018) of submitted and approved shadow-billing based on the Master Agreement between the Medical Society of PEI, the Government of Prince Edward Island and Health PEI. For details, please refer to the Master Agreement.
- Additional separate billing fees from third-party payers (for example Worker's Compensation and Quebec/International patients).
Hours of Work:
- As outlined in the ED schedule
- One return travel
- Coverage of application fees with the Medical Society of PEI and some application fees with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI.
- Locum support stipend to offset the cost of accommodations and other living expenses: $200/day worked June - September and $150/day worked October – May.
- Car rental and accommodations are the responsibility of the physician.
*Incentives are subject to conditions and maximum eligible costs for reimbursement*
Certifications and Other Requirements:
- Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI
- Eligibility for appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging
- Candidates must have FRCP(EM), CCFP (EM) or comparable emergency department experience.
For more information, contact:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat
Department of Health & Wellness
(902) 368-6302; email@example.com
"In the event of a discrepancy in information on this website and the Master Agreement, the Master Agreement shall prevail."