Locum - Family Physician – Inpatient Coverage, West Prince
Locum - Family Physician Inpatient Care – O’Leary and Alberton
Health PEI is seeking a long-term locum physician to provide inpatient care to patients within the Community Hospital O’Leary and Western Hospital, Alberton, beginning immediately.
The Community Hospital O’Leary is a 13-bed acute care facility, including 4 provincial palliative care beds and 9 beds dedicated to patients requiring acute or convalescent care, or who are awaiting long-term care admission. In the hospital there is an ambulatory care department, lab/diagnostic imaging services, home care, public health, primary care and a 40-bed long-term care home. The province’s only simulation lab is located at the Community Hospital O’Leary, providing health care professionals in the West Prince region the opportunity to practice health assessments and technical skills.
Western Hospital is a 25-bed acute care facility including 2 palliative care beds. In the Western Hospital there is an ambulatory care department, lab/diagnostic imaging, public health, and primary care. An emergency department is also located within the facility, offering emergency services to over 11,000 patients per year. At Western Hospital an innovative tele-rounding model is in place, the first-of-its-kind model in Canada. This virtual inpatient rounding model utilizes remote physicians and onsite nursing support for unaffiliated patients who require care.
This locum would provide comprehensive inpatient care for adult affiliated and unaffiliated patients, or patients with primary care providers without hospital admitting privilege. Care duties include admission history and physical examination, daily medical management, daily rounds, participation in multidisciplinary rounds and family conferences as needed, and discharge planning.
Physicians have the option of contract-for-service or fee-for-service payment modality.
- Base contract-for-service range is $105.47-$112.89/hour;
- Fee-for-service is based on the Tariff of Fees in the Master Agreement; and
- After hours and on-call services provided outside contract-for-service hours are paid on a fee-for-service basis.
Please contact the Recruitment and Retention Secretariat at email@example.com discuss remuneration information and options in further detail.
Hours of Work
- Full-time hours, 37.5 hours/week - daily inpatient rounding with a 1 in 3 call coverage
- Return travel based on economy airfare. If travelling by car, mileage rates are determined by PEI Treasury Board Policy and cannot exceed economy airfare;
- Application fees with the Medical Society of PEI and some application fees with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI will be covered;
- Locum supports available to offset the cost of accommodations and other living expenses, click here for more information on the Locum Support Program
- Arrangements and payment for car rental and accommodation are the responsibility of the physician; and
- Hospital-based electronic health record system with access to lab and x-ray reports from office may be available.
Certifications and Other Requirements:
- MCCQE Part 1 (LMCC);
- Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI;
- Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging;
- CCFP certificants will be given priority; and
- Work experience preferable
For further information, contact:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment and Retention Secretariat
Department of Health and Wellness
(902) 368-6302; firstname.lastname@example.org
"In the event of a discrepancy in information on this website and the Master Agreement, the Master Agreement shall prevail"