Locum – General Surgeon – Summerside
Are you looking for an opportunity that fosters a strong culture of teamwork? How about working on an Island surrounded by red sand and beaches, breathtaking views, friendly communities, world-famous seafood and culinary adventures?
Look no further than Prince Edward Island...
The Department of Surgery at the Prince County Hospital has locum opportunities from June 2021 – June 2022. Located in Summerside, the Prince County Hospital is a 110-bed regional hospital with a six bed ICU that provides specialty services in Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Anesthesia, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Pediatrics, ENT and Psychiatry.
The Prince County Hospital is operated by Health PEI, a crown corporation responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island. Health PEI’s head office is located at 16 Garfield Street, Charlottetown, PEI.
The physician shall have the option of choosing fee-for-service or contract for service payment modality;
- Contract for service hourly range: $138.02 – $157.77 per hour (Dependent upon work experience);
- On-call services are paid on a fee-for-service basis over and above the hourly contract for service rate. Fee-for-service rates are based on the tariff of fees listed in the Master Agreement; and
- Additional stipend available for on-call services.
Hours of Work:
- Up to 37.5 hours/week to a maximum 1,725 hours/year for contact for service physicians;
- Participation is required for on-call services at the Prince County Hospital; frequency of on-calls is 1 in 3.
- Return travel based on economy airfare. If traveling by car, mileage rates are determined by the PEI Treasury Board Policy and cannot exceed economy airfare;
- Coverage of application fees with the Medical Society of PEI and some application fees with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI;
- Locum support stipend to offset the cost of accommodations and other living expenses: $200/day worked June-September and $150/day worked October-May up to a maximum of $7500 per fiscal year. Physicians must complete the Locum Support Stipend form to receive these funds;
- Arrangements and payment for car rental and accommodations are the responsibility of the physician.
Certifications and Other Requirements:
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada eligibility or certification;
- Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island;
- Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging;
- US Boards are acceptable; and
- Work experience preferable
Apply to Provide Locum Services in PEI
For further information:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat
Department of Health & Wellness
(902) 368-6302; firstname.lastname@example.org
"In the event of a discrepancy in information on this website and the Master Agreement, the Master Agreement shall prevail."