Locums - Family Physicians - Montague Health Centre
Health PEI is seeking locum Family Physicians to provide the full scope of primary care to the Kings Primary Care Network. The following opportunities are available for locum physicians at the Montague Health Centre:
- July to October 2020 (practice panel of approximately 1,320 patients); and
- October 5, 2020-January 29, 2021 (practice panel of approximately 1,480 patients).
Montague Health Centre is a collaborative family practice environment with paper-based charts/patient documentation. Electronic access to patients’ personal health information may also be available via Cerner (hospital-based electronic health record system, in which there is access to lab and x-ray reports from the office). Locum physicians will be required to support inpatient and emergency services at Kings County Memorial Hospital, a 30-bed community hospital located adjacent to the Montague Health Centre. Physicians participate in an on-call group for inpatient coverage and emergency room services.
The Montague Health Centre is located in the breathtaking rural community of Three Rivers, approximately 40 minutes from Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. The multidisciplinary health centre employs 7 full-time family medicine practices and 2 full-time Nurse Practitioners. Locum physicians will be supported by a dedicated Medical Secretary and Licensed Practical Nurse. There is also access to Registered Nurses and a Registered Dietitian, whom are available to support multiple chronic disease programs and counseling support for mild to moderate anxiety and depressive illness. The Centre also offers support to all diabetic patients with full-time certified Diabetes Educators.
Health PEI is a crown corporation responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island. Health PEI's Head Office is located at 16 Garfield Street, Charlottetown, PEI.
Physicians have the option of contract-for-service or fee-for-service payment modality.
- Base contract-for-service range is $96.97-$103.86/hour.
- Fee-for-service is based on the Tariff of Fees in the Master Agreement.
- After hours and on-call services provided outside contract-for-service hours are paid on a fee-for-service basis.
Hours of Work
- Up to 37.5 hours/week to a maximum 1,725 hours/year for contract-for-service physicians.
- Return travel based on economy airfare. If traveling by car, mileage rates are determined by PEI Treasury Board Policy and cannot exceed economy airfare.
- Application fees with the Medical Society of PEI and some application fees with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI will be covered.
- Locum support stipend to offset the cost of accommodations and other living expenses: $200/day worked June - September and $150/day worked October - May. Physicians must complete the Locum Support Stipend form to receive these funds.
- Arrangements and payment for car rental and accommodation are the responsibility of the physician.
- Hospital-based electronic health record system with access to lab and x-ray reports from office may be available.
Certifications and Other Requirements
- MCCEE, MCCQE Part I and MCCQE Part II as well as 1- 2 years of clinical experience working in Canada.
- Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of PEI.
- Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging.
- CCFP physicians will be given priority.
- Work experience preferable.
For further information, contact:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment and Retention Secretariat
Department of Health and Wellness
(902) 368-6302; email@example.com
In the event of a discrepancy in information on this website and the Master Agreement, the Master Agreement shall prevail.