Psychiatrist - Operational Stress Injury
Health PEI is seeking a psychiatrist to provide the full scope of psychiatric services to the Operational Stress Injury (OSI) Satellite Clinic. Located in Stratford, PEI, the Operational Stress Injury Satellite Site is a partnership with Veterans Affairs Canada and Horizon Health, NB until Mach 31, 2025, with possibility of extension. The mandate of OSI clinics are to provide comprehensive psychological support to all veterans, and still serving members of the Canadian Armed Forces and the RCMP who may be dealing with an operational stress injury. There is a requirement for a 0.3 FTE psychiatrist as part of the OSI satellite site for PEI
The duties of the OSI psychiatrist are as follows:
1) The Psychiatrist will receive client referrals from Veterans Affairs Canada, Canadian Armed Forces and the RCMP Health Services for clients with operational stress injuries for a disability/diagnostic assessment and/or treatment recommendation.
2) The psychiatrist will provide care and support to the clients with operational stress injuries including but not limited to PTSD, other anxiety disorders, depression, substance use disorders, and other conditions that may interfere with daily functioning.
The team works collaboratively with the clients as part of their health care team which may include other specialists to plan and deliver competent health services.
The Provincial Department of Psychiatry is operated by Health PEI, a crown corporation responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island.
Physicians have the option of choosing a salary, contract for service or fee-for-service payment modality. The Master Agreement details information related to payment modalities including salary, fee-for-service tariff of fees, blended payments (shadow billings), and salary benefits including paid vacation entitlements, CME funding, RRSP program and more.
To further discuss remuneration information and options, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours of work
• Part-time hours for a 0.3 FTE salaried physician are defined as 11.25 hours per week;
• Part-time contract-for-service hours is based on a maximum of 517.5 hours per year; and
• For psychiatrists with interest in additional work with the Department of Psychiatry, more information can be found in the posting here.
Incentives and benefits
• Opportunity to teach with the PEI Residency Training Program with faculty appointment at Dalhousie University;
• Electronic patient record system (hospital-based) with access to lab and x-ray reports from office; and
• Other incentives as per the Master Agreement.
Certifications and other requirements
• FRCPC or eligibility for Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada certification;
• Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island; and
• Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging.
Health Care Workers are required to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination as per Health PEI’s Covid-19 Immunization and Management Policy. In the event that a new hire is unable to be vaccinated as a result of a medical exemption they will be required to submit supporting documentation to Employee Health / Wellness and Safety.
To apply, please send your cv to:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
PEI Health Recruitment and Retention Secretariat
In the event of a discrepancy in information on this website and the Master Agreement, the Master Agreement shall prevail.