Health PEI is seeking a full-time permanent Rheumatologist to be a part of the Internal Medicine team beginning in December 2022. As a Rheumatologist in Prince Edward Island, you will be exposed to, and will cover many different areas of Rheumatology. The successful applicant will be responsible to take part in an equitable fashion in the internal medicine call schedule and provide general internal medicine call coverage.
The Rheumatologist will work in the Island’s capital city of Charlottetown, PEI.
Health PEI, a crown corporation, is responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island. Health PEI’s head office is located at 16 Garfield Street, Charlottetown, PEI.
One (1) position beginning in December of 2022.
Physicians have the option of choosing a salary or fee-for-service payment modality. Information related to payment modalities, including salary; fee-for-service tariff of fees; blended payments (shadow billings); on-call payments; and benefits including paid vacation entitlements, CME funding, RRSP program, and more can be found in the Master Agreement.
Please contact the Recruitment and Retention Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss remuneration information and options in further detail.
Hours of Work:
- Full-time hours
- Return-in-Service Grant may be available;
- Eligible moving expense reimbursement up to $10,000 is available;
- Opportunity to teach with the PEI Residency Training Program with faculty appointment at Dalhousie University may be available;
- Electronic patient record system (hospital based) with access to lab and x-ray reports from office; and
- Other incentives as per the Master Agreement.
Certifications and Other Requirements:
- FRCPC or eligibility for Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada certification;
- Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island; and
- Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging.
To apply, send C.V. to:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat
(902) 368-6302; email@example.com
“In the event of a discrepancy in information on this website and the Master Agreement, the Master Agreement shall prevail.”
This competition may be used to staff similar positions of this nature in the future.