Seniors Independence Initiative
The Seniors Independence Initiative provides financial assistance for practical services making it easier for seniors to remain in their own homes and communities.
Help is available for services such as light housing keeping, meal preparation, or snow removal and complements supports provided to seniors by Home Care or family members for daily unmet needs.
Who can apply?
- be 65 years of age or older;
- live independently or with a spouse;
- have a net household income of $22,133 or less for a single person or $31,300 or less for a couple - as defined by line 236 on CRA Notice of Assessment;
- have combined assets not greater than $100,000 excluding primary residence, land and vehicles.
Where can I find an application?
What happens after I apply?
You will be contacted by our staff and an assessment will be done to determine your individual or household needs.
What services are funded?
- Light house keeping
- General home/property maintenance
- Snow removal
- Grass cutting
- Meal preparation
- Meals on Wheels
For information or for assistance to complete the application,