FULL-TIME TEMPORARY INTERNSHIP PLACEMENT (Commencing April 2019 for 26 weeks)
LOCATION – Charlottetown
The Department of Transportation, Infrastructure and Energy has created six-month internship placements for graduates in the fields of engineering, lab technologists, construction technology and management, building inspector, visitor services and environmental management.
The intern will work directly with the Survey section under the supervision of the Chief Surveyor and the Senior Survey Technician. The Survey/CADD Intern will be responsible for doing calculations and drafting of various types of survey plans. The work will involve interaction with Field Crews, Property Agents, Engineers and various other members of the Department, as well as members of the public. The intern will also gain an understanding of the field work and research necessary to enable the completion of the drafting of survey plans.
• Degree in Geodesy and Geomatics Engineering or equivalent, or
• Certificate in Geomatics or Civil Engineering Technology
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Sound judgement and strong interpersonal skills
• Reliability with a good attendance record
• Valid Driver’s license and access to reliable transportation
• Familiarity with Micro-Survey or Civil 3D software (CAD)
• Familiarity with computer software, Microsoft office (word, excel etc)
• Provide a satisfactory current Criminal Records Check, prior to employment
• Provide a current Hearing Test, prior to employment
• Experience working in a land survey environment or any prior experience drafting in an engineering or architectural environment would be an asset
Knowledge & Skills the Intern May Require:
• Knowledge of the role that surveying plays within the Department of Transportation, Infrastructure and Energy as well as other Departments within Government.
• The ability to evaluate and interpret evidence to form an opinion as to the most likely location of property boundaries at law.
Salary Range: $22.44 per hour (UPSE Level 11, Step 3)
Bi-Weekly Hours: 75.0 hours bi-weekly
Closing Date: March 18, 2019 at 5:00 pm
Posting ID: 136356-0219TIPO
Apply for this position
Submit your application by mail, fax or online
PEI Public Service Commission
P.O. Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8.
Fax: (902) 368-4383
It is the responsibility of the applicant to confirm receipt of the application, by telephone or in person prior to the closing date. Please ensure that the appropriate Posting ID number is stated on all application forms.