We have adjusted our operations based on COVID-19 public health advice. You can now visit our office to pick up or drop off your applications. We continue to encourage applications online, by email at email@example.com and by mail at 69 Belvedere Avenue, Suite 1-B01 Charlottetown, PE C1A 7N8. Learn more about COVID-19 government operations.
Everyone should benefit from energy efficiency, regardless of income.
Winter Warming provides free air-sealing and energy efficient upgrades to qualified low to moderate income Islanders.
Am I eligible for the Winter Warming Program?
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- you must be a resident of PEI with a total household income of $50,000 or less;
- you must own and live in the residence or pay the total heating costs if you rent; and
- the property must be your primary residence or a year-round rental property.
What does the program provide?
An efficiencyPEI tradesperson completes a comprehensive air-sealing (such as caulking, weather-stripping, sealing gaskets) free of charge at your residence along with the following:
- installation of a programmable thermostat,
- a low-flow shower head,
- ENERGY STAR® LED light bulbs,
- a voucher for a free heating system cleaning (up to $115 value).
How much money will I save?
Simple measures can a have a big impact on the amount of heat lost in your home. The results will vary depending on the size of your home, the current condition of your home, and the type of heating system you have.
- Installing a programmable thermostat can save up to $250 per year in heating costs.
- Sealing air leaks with caulking and weather-stripping on windows and doors, sealing electrical outlets and weather-stripping an attic hatch can save as much as $650 per year in heating costs.
How do I apply?
- Confirm your eligibility according to the terms and conditions outlined in the application form.
- Fill out the application form completely. Incomplete information may cause a delay in service.
- Mail or drop off the application with original copies of your proof of income* and your most recent Maritime Electric bill to efficiencyPEI or any Access PEI location.
Your proof of income is your original July GST Credit Notice showing your net family income, marital status and province of residence.
To fill out your application form, you will also need your property tax number. This is also known as a property identification number or a PID. It can be found on your property tax bill. It can also be found at the address locator page.
If you need information on this program or any other energy efficiency help, get in touch. Visit us at efficiencyPEI at 69 Belvedere Avenue in Charlottetown or at Access PEI in Summerside. Program information is also available at any Access PEI location.
This incentive program is cost-shared with the Government of Canada under the Low Carbon Economy Fund.