Everyone should benefit from energy efficiency, regardless of income.
Winter Warming provides free air-sealing and energy efficient upgrades to qualified low to moderate income Islanders.
Am I eligible for the Winter Warming Program?
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- you must be a resident of PEI with a total household income of $50,000 or less;
- you must own and live in the residence or pay the total heating costs if you rent; and
- the property must be your primary residence or a year-round rental property.
What does the program provide?
A efficiencyPEI tradesperson completes a comprehensive air-sealing (such as caulking, weather-stripping, sealing gaskets) free of charge at your residence along with the following:
- installation of a programmable thermostat,
- a low-flow shower head,
- a voucher for a free heating system cleaning (up to $115 value),
- ENERGY STAR® LED light bulbs.
How much money will I save?
Simple measures can a have a big impact on the amount of heat lost in your home. The results will vary depending on the size of your home, the current condition of your home, and the type of heating system you have.
- Installing a programmable thermostat can save up to $250 per year in heating costs.
- Sealing air leaks with caulking and weather-stripping on windows and doors, sealing electrical outlets and weather-stripping an attic hatch can save as much as $650 per year in heating costs.
How do I apply?
- Confirm your eligibility according to the terms and conditions outlined in the application form.
- Fill out the application form completely. Incomplete information will delay or disqualify your application.
- Mail or drop off the application with original copies of your proof of income* and your most recent Maritime Electric bill to efficiencyPEI or any Access PEI location.
*Proof of income must be your most recent original July GST Credit Notice showing your net family income, marital status, and province of residence.