Islanders invited to see businesses up close during Small Business Week
Islanders can see the inner workings of seven local businesses during Prince Edward Island’s first-ever PEI Open Business Day.
Happening this Saturday, October 22, PEI Open Business Day is just one of the activities planned for Small Business Week 2016.
“Small businesses are the backbone of our provincial economy, and it is very important that Islanders consider entrepreneurship as a possible career,” Economic Development and Tourism Minister Heath MacDonald said. “By opening these successful local businesses to the public and allowing Islanders to see their inner workings, we help re-enforce that we are an Island of dreamers and doers who know how to make great things happen in this province.”
Businesses participating in PEI Open Business day include:
• Drake Truck Bodies, Vernon Bridge
• Innovative Concrete Countertops Plus, New Perth
• Shoreline Design Inc., Georgetown
• The Basket Weavers, Richmond
• The Rehearsal Spot, Linkletter
• MacAusland Woolen Mills, Bloomfield
• Arlington Orchards, Arlington
Saturday's event is supported by the province of Prince Edward Island through Innovation PEI and coordinated in partnership with the Rural Action Centers across the province.
Small Business Week is an opportunity for local entrepreneurs from across the Island to:
• connect with other business owners;
• learn about new ways to do business;
• explore new possibilities and emerging markets;
• learn about supports and services available through government agencies and chambers of commerce, and;
• give feedback to those agencies on their services.
“This week will be a great way to highlight the many successes of local businesses in a very competitive marketplace,” Minister MacDonald said. “Events are taking place across Prince Edward Island and I encourage all local small business owners to take part.”
For information, visit PEI Open Business Day (link no longer available).
Senior Communications Officer
Department of Economic Development and Tourism