Apply for Educational Assistant (Substitute Only) Authorization

Le contenu suivant est seulement disponible en anglais.

Your authorization to substitute for an educational assistant in Prince Edward Island is valid until June 30 of the current school year and must be renewed each year. If this is your first time applying for Education Assistant (Substitute Only) certification, you can click the button below to apply for authorization on-line .

 You can renew your authorization on-line if you have previously been certified as an Education Assistant (substitute only). 

What do I need to complete the online application?

  • Proof of identity such as a copy of your Birth Certificate
  • Proof of completion of high school such as a copy of your diploma or a copy of a transcript of your high school marks 
  • Transcripts must be mailed directly from the post-secondary institution to the Registrar
  • Non-Canadian citizens must submit proof of eligibility to work in Canada, such as a work visa.
Do not include a copy of your Criminal Background Check or of your Vulnerable Sector Screen. These are not required when applying for an authorization, however, they will be required by the school board employer. 

How long will it take to process my application?

Your permit will be mailed to you within ten business days.

What do I do after I receive my authorization letter?

You must apply to the school authority (authorities) where you wish to work once you have your authorization.

Éducation et Petite enfance

Renseignements généraux

Ministère de l’Éducation et de la Petite enfance
Centre Holman
250, rue Water, bureau 101
Summerside (Î.-P.-É.) C1N 1B6

Téléphone : 902-438-4130
Télécopieur : 902-438-4062