Apply for a Family Home Centre Licence

Le contenu suivant est seulement disponible en anglais.

The PEI Early Learning and Child Care Board is responsible for licensing and licence renewal of early learning and child care programs according to the Early Learning and Child Care Act.

What do I need to apply for a Family Home Centre Licence?

To begin the licensing process you would complete the Early Learning and Child Care Family Home Centre Licence Application. Licence application guidelines are available in the resources section of this page, and Early Years Division staff is available to help you complete the licensing application.  Your completed application is submitted to the Early Learning and Child Care Board for decision.  The process for licensing includes submitting the following:

  • information required on the licence application;
  • a service plan;
  • a letter from the municipality stating the property is correctly zoned to operate as a centre;
  • written verification of the required liability insurance;
  • verification of your registered business name; and 
  • a copy of a Criminal Background Check and Vulnerable Sector Search for you, any adult who lives in the home, and any other associated person.

Submit your application and documents to the Early Learning and Child Care Board for review.

Is there an application fee?

The application fee for a Family Home Centre licence is $75.  Once you are licensed you will be required to apply for a licence renewal every three years. The fee for licence renewal of a Family Home Centre is $75.

What happens when I submit my application?

Once your application is received, the Early Learning and Child Care Board will arrange for a property inspection by the Fire Marshall’s Office, Environmental Health and Early Childhood Programs Administrator. 

How long will it take to complete the application?

Providing you have all business and program information available and required documents ready to upload, you can complete the online application within 30 minutes.

How long will it take to process my licensing request?

The Early Learning and Child Care Board meets every five to six weeks. A formal response to your request will occur after the board meets to assess your application. 

Who can I contact for more information?

Education and Early Years
Early Years Division
Aubin Arsenault Building
3 Brighton Road PO Box 2000
Charlottetown, PE  C1A 7N8
Tel: (902) 368-6518
Fax: (902) 569-7532


Le présent service accepte les paiements faits avec Visa, VISA Debit, MasterCard et Debit MasterCard.

Éducation et Petite enfance

Renseignements généraux

Ministère de l’Éducation et de la Petite enfance
Centre Holman
250, rue Water, bureau 101
Summerside (Î.-P.-É.) C1N 1B6

Téléphone : 902-438-4130
Télécopieur : 902-438-4062