Apply to Modify Early Learning and Child Care Licence Online
If you are changing the licence category of your early learning and child care centre or adjusting the services you provide, you must apply for a modification to your existing Early Learning and Child Care Licence. You can use the online service below to submit your application for a licence modification to the Registrar to the Early Learning and Child Care Board.
What do I need to complete this online application?
Your application will not be processed unless you provide all the following applicable documentation:
- Business information including:
- Current contact information
- Licence number
- Centre governance
- Detailed description of your modification including:
- Potential impact to children, family, staff and community
- Additional space requirements, if required
- Any information to assist the Board in making an informed decision
- Support documents may include:
- An updated business plan for your centre;
- An updated service plan;
- An updated floor plan, if it has been altered since your previous floor plan submission;
- A copy of liability insurance certificate for your centre; and, if applicable,
- Official zoning confirmation indicating that your operation’s property is zoned for the modified category in accordance with municipal bylaws, i.e. letter from municipal bylaw officer; and
- Full payment of licence modification application fee.
How long will it take to complete this online form?
Providing you have all the support documents and information ready, you can complete this form in less than 30 minutes.
What is the fee to modify a licence?
The application fee to modify a licence is $50.
How long will it take to process my request?
Please allow four to six weeks for your request to be processed. If approved, your modified licence will be mailed to the address you provide on the form.
Who do I contact for more information?
Aubin Arsenault Building
3 Brighton Road
Charlottetown, PE C1A 8T6
Tel: (902) 368-6513
Fax: (902) 569-7532
Le gouvernement de l’Île-du-Prince-Édouard accepte les paiements en ligne faits avec Visa, MasterCard ou Interac En Ligne pour ce service.
Visitez le site web d’Interac En Ligne pour voir si votre institution financière offre ce service.