Apply to Modify Early Learning and Child Care Licence Online

Le contenu suivant est seulement disponible en anglais.

If you are changing the licence category of your early learning and child care centre or adjusting the services you provide, you must apply for a modification to your existing Early Learning and Child Care Licence. You can use the online service below to submit your application for a licence modification to the Registrar to the Early Learning and Child Care Board.

What do I need to complete this online application?

Your application will not be processed unless you provide all the following applicable documentation:

  • Business information including:
    • Current contact information
    • Licence number
    • Centre governance
  • Detailed description of your modification including:
    • Potential impact to children, family, staff and community
    • Additional space requirements, if required
    • Any information to assist the Board in making an informed decision
  • Support documents may include:
    • An updated business plan for your centre;
    • An updated service plan;
    • An updated floor plan, if it has been altered since your previous floor plan submission;
    • A copy of liability insurance certificate for your centre; and, if applicable,
    • Official zoning confirmation indicating that your operation’s property is zoned for the modified category in accordance with municipal bylaws, i.e. letter from municipal bylaw officer; and
  • Full payment of licence modification application fee.

How long will it take to complete this online form?

Providing you have all the support documents and information ready, you can complete this form in less than 30 minutes.

What is the fee to modify a licence?

The application fee to modify a licence is $50.

How long will it take to process my request?

Please allow four to six weeks for your request to be processed. If approved, your modified licence will be mailed to the address you provide on the form.

Who do I contact for more information?

Charlottetown Office
Aubin Arsenault Building
3 Brighton Road
Charlottetown, PE  C1A 8T6
Tel: (902) 368-6513
Fax: (902) 569-7532


Le présent service accepte les paiements faits avec Visa, VISA Debit, MasterCard et Debit MasterCard.

Éducation et Petite enfance

Renseignements généraux

Ministère de l’Éducation et de la Petite enfance
Centre Holman
250, rue Water, bureau 101
Summerside (Î.-P.-É.) C1N 1B6

Téléphone : 902-438-4130
Télécopieur : 902-438-4062