Renew Your Early Learning and Child Care Centre Licence
A licence to operate an early learning and child care centre is valid for three years. Please complete the online form below to apply for Early Learning and Child Care Licence Renewal.
In Prince Edward Island, the Early Learning and Child Care Board issues and renews licences in accordance with the Early Learning and Child Care Act.
What do I need to complete the online form?
You will be asked to:
Provide full business name and contact information;
- Specify the category of licence you are renewing (drop-down list provided);
- Declare business ownership and registration status, based on your centre’s governance;
- Include operational information including type of programming, hours of operation and age of children in care;
- Upload a document describing any changes to your operation since your last file update, i.e. business plan, services, policies;
- Upload your current staffing plan, including up-to date Criminal Record and Vulnerable Sector Checks and verification of Emergency First Aide Training for each staff member;
- Upload proof of liability insurance;
- Submit fee payment, based on number of children.
What is the fee to renew my licence?
The renewal fee is based on the number of children in care:
- Up to 25 children: $75
- 26 children or more: $150.
How long will it take to process my renewal application?
Please allow four weeks to receive your renewed licence. Until then, please continue to display your existing licence.
Who can I contact for more information?
Aubin Arsenault Building
3 Brighton Road
Charlottetown, PE C1A 8T6
Tel: (902) 368-6513
Le présent service accepte les paiements faits avec Visa, VISA Debit, MasterCard et Debit MasterCard.