Submit photo for Celebrate PEI Agriculture Photo Contest
Prince Edward Island is remarkably striking this time of year. The gently sloping hillsides are a colourful delight with freshly cut forage, newly planted cereal and blueberry fields in blossom. Cattle graze on sunny hillsides, while foxes wander through grassy pastures.
Celebrate the beauty of our province by capturing these moments with a photo to be enjoyed for years to come.
Enter for the chance to win prizes
Finalists will be showcased in a gallery at the Celebrate PEI Agriculture display at Old Home Week.
One photo from each of the following categories will be selected. Photographers will be presented with a framed copy of their own image after Old Home Week and a $50 farmer's market voucher.
- Animals of Agriculture - Wooly, furry, feathered or fluffy
- Celebrating Farming Families - Capture an image of at least two family members at work
- Commercial Fisheries and Aquaculture - A glimpse into the industry via harbour life and coastal fishing activities
- Farmscapes - PEI’s agricultural landscapes forming scenic vistas
- Fresh from the Land - Culinary displays of raw or prepared PEI grown food
- PEI’s Next Generation of Farmers - Youth showing a passion for food production
- The Wild Side - Wildlife in their natural environment
One photo will be selected by popular vote from the category winners during Old Home Week. The winning photographer will receive a grand prize valued at $500.
What are the eligibility requirements?
The contest is open to all residents of Canada and United States* and photos must be taken in Prince Edward Island. Additional requirements, as follows:
- Entries must not have been previously published;
- Individuals are permitted to submit multiple entries in each of the different categories;
- Entrants must own all rights to the photographs submitted;
- Photographs must have been shot within the past two years (since January 1, 2017);
- A model release is required for any photo in which a person is recognizable.
*Management and staff of PEI Department of Agriculture and Land, including immediate family members or cohabitants, agents and contractors are not eligible.
What photo format is required?
- Digital photographs: jpeg files submitted electronically or on a USB drive;
- Dimensions: at least 2200 pixels wide for horizontal images or 2200 pixels tall for vertical images;
- File size: 10 MB (10,000 KB) maximum;
- Photo must be a high-resolution of at least 300 dpi at 8 x 10 inches;
- Borders, frames, text or other graphic treatments are NOT permitted; and
- Content alteration (including combing multiple photos) is NOT permitted.
What is the submission deadline?
All entries must be received by 4:00 pm (AST) Friday, July 19, 2019.
2018 contest winners gallery
Created with flickr slideshow
When will winners be notified?
Winners will be notified by 4:00 p.m AST on or before August 2, 2019.
How do I submit a photo?
There are two options to submit an entry, as follows:
By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- attach photo(s) and type "photo contest" in the subject line;
- name the category along with a title or caption for each photo. You must also include the location of the photo, and the names and contact information of any recognizable people captured; and
- include your name, address, contact phone number as well as the statement “I agree to the Photo Contest 2019 Rules and Regulations”
- Click on "submit Photo" link below
- Fill out required information and upload photos