Telework Adaptation Fund Online Application
The Telework Adaptation Fund was available for Island businesses and community organizations operating prior to December 31, 2019 and encouraging employees to work remotely at least 60% of each pay period.
What level of support was available through this program?
This fund contributed up to 75% of eligible costs (max $2500) incurred between April 1, 2020 and February 28, 2021 such as:
- costs associated with developing a remote work plan;
- capital costs of equipment to assist employees to work from home safely and efficiently such as office equipment, computers, smart phones, mobile internet access devices, and information technology; and
- operational costs directly related to the first year of employees working from home, such as fees for business communication platform subscriptions, cloud sharing tools for collaborating and file access, and video conferencing tools.
One application per business location will be accepted. For example, if a business has offices in Montague, Charlottetown, and Summerside, an application can be accepted for each location, for a total of three applications for the business. Additional terms and conditions apply.
What happens after I apply?
Applications will be assessed bi-weekly based on the expected impact to supporting remote work. (A representative may contact applicants for further information).
If your application is approved, you will receive the following:
- a notice of pre-approval with a conditional grant agreement to sign and return;
- a project claim form;
- a payee registration form; and
- instructions on receiving payment.
Once you incur the expense, return the project claim form and payee registration form before February 28, 2021 to allow payment. Once these documents are received, payment will be processed.
Applicants must keep all documents supporting the application and related to the use of the funds for a period of six years for the purpose of a follow-up audit.
If you have questions on the Telework Adaptation Fund, email email@example.com