About: Tourism PEI
Tourism PEI is focused on continuing to promote Prince Edward Island as one of the world’s best tourist destinations.
Tourism PEI has the mandate to:
- promote continued growth in the tourism sector and ultimately “drive” tourism demand;
- work with other partners, including Destination Canada, the Atlantic Canadian Opportunities Agency (ACOA) and other Atlantic Provinces to market Prince Edward Island (PEI) as a premier tourism destination;
- actively facilitate the development of festivals, events, and activities that serve to motivate travellers to visit PEI;
- manage provincial tourism infrastructure, such as golf courses, parks, visitor information centres and the Confederation Trail;
- conduct tourism-related research; and
- administer and enforce the provisions of the Tourism Industry Act and regulations, in particular, the licensing of tourism establishments.
Structure and Employees
The Corporate Services Division is responsible for general administration, financial services, records and information management (RIM), risk management, insurance matters and Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIPP).View employee list
The Tourism PEI Marketing Division aggressively markets and promotes Prince Edward Island as a premier vacation destination through a comprehensive network of channels such as trade and sales, advertising and publicity, digital marketing and visitor services.View employee list
The Operations and Industry Investment Division manages provincial parks and provincial golf courses. Staff are also responsible for product development and investment as well as the development and implementation of industry support programs.View employee list
The Strategic Initiatives Division is responsible for guiding policy strategic planning, regulatory affairs and evaluation of tourism as an economic driver on Prince Edward Island.
Through various support programs, the Division is responsible for guidance and investment in Regional Tourism Associations and other sector groups to develop tourism products and strengthen capacity that ultimately benefits the tourism industry as a whole on PEI.
The Division oversees regulatory affairs that include enforcement of the Tourism Industry Act and the Highway Signage Act.
The Division is the lead liaison for intergovernmental affairs including an advocacy role to represent the interests of the tourism industry in key policy areas.View employee list
This unit is responsible for managing business intelligence for Tourism PEI, leading tourism research on behalf of the Province, measuring tourism activities, and providing tourism information to support PEI’s tourism industry stakeholders.View employee list
This unit is responsible for: working with all industry stakeholders to attract and grow tourism development opportunities, focusing on key verticals, (coastal, culinary, culture and golf) while increasing the awareness of the economic significance of tourism to provincial and local economies.
All regulatory functions administered under the authority of the Tourism Industry Act and Regulations as well as the Highway Signage Act and Regulations.
View employee list