2018 Canada-Prince Edward Island Fall Harvest Recovery Initiative
The 2018 Canada - Prince Edward Island Fall Harvest Recovery Initiative is to provide financial assistance to help agricultural producers recover from the extraordinary costs associated with excessive moisture and cold temperatures during the 2018 fall harvest. The program will provide financial assistance, based on producers’ 2018 acreage of potato and certain types of horticulture crops, to mitigate extraordinary harvest recovery costs, additional field work expenses and storage/recovery costs.
Who is eligible for financial assistance?
An Eligible Applicant is an agricultural producer who has applied to the Program and:
- is a taxable entity (e.g. individual, corporation or trust), limited partnership, commune, cooperative, or First Nation Band;
- carried on a business of farming in PEI and reported farming income (or loss) to the Canada Revenue Agency for income tax purposes;
- For applicants that are not required to file farm income tax, Acceptable Documentation that demonstrates the production and sale of agricultural commodities must be provided;
- had seeded more than 2 acres of beets, broccoli, brussel sprouts, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, parsnips, potatoes, and/or rutabagas in Prince Edward Island in 2018:
- is not a government funded research station, agency or institution.
Where can I find more information?
What is the deadline to submit an application?
The deadline to submit an application is August 30, 2019.
For more information, please contact:
PEI Agricultural Insurance Corporation
7 Gerald McCarville Drive
PO Box 400
Kensington PE C0B 1M0
Phone : 902-836-0435