About the Prince Edward Island International Student Program
International students who reside outside of Canada may apply to attend one of our 62 public schools in Prince Edward Island. Students are assessed on a variety of criteria and those who are successful are accepted into the Prince Edward Island public school system and can enter from kindergarten to grade 12 based on their age. Our public schools are among a network of Canadian educational institutions who welcome international students to study and experience our island way of life.
High school students can choose from a variety of subjects within the Prince Edward Island curriculum focusing on arts, sciences, languages and social studies.
Prince Edward Island International Student Program (PEIISP) provides public education opportunities to students around the world. The PEIISP believes in fully integrating students into public school life; this supports PEIISP participants to have a truly Canadian academic and cultural experience.
Our staff will receive and review your application to the PEIISP as part of the admissions process and answer your questions along the way.
Homestay on Prince Edward Island
An important part of participation in the PEIISP is the homestay experience. The best way to improve your English and experience Canadian culture is to become a member of a local family. Learn more at Acommodation and Custodian Information.
- Apply to the Prince Edward Island International Student Program and pay application fee.
- Within three weeks, you will receive a letter of acceptance or a letter of refusal.
- If accepted, follow the admissions process.
- Confirm your homestay arrangements.
- Arrange for travel to PEI to arrive at least one week before your first day of school.
- Upon arrival to PEI, contact the EAL/FAL Reception Centre to book an appointment for an English language proficiency assessment.
Visit Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
Who can I contact for more information?
Prince Edward Island International Student Program
85 Fitzroy Street, Suite 203
Charlottetown, PE C1A 1R6
Office Location: EAL/FAL Reception Center