Be Ready to Work in PEI

In order to be eligible to work in Canada, you must be either a permanent resident or a valid work permit holder. A work permit is required for people wanting to work in Canada who are neither Canadian citizens nor permanent residents of Canada. 

Canada is a bilingual country with the two official languages being English and French. In Prince Edward Island, English remains the primary language spoken. While not officially a bilingual province, PEI is home to a vibrant Acadian and Francophone community. Knowledge of both languages is an asset when looking for employment in PEI.

Immigrant & Refugee Services Association of PEI and La Coopérative d'intégration francophone de l'Î.-P.-É. deliver employment programs and services that may help you succeed in finding a job in PEI. Staff can also help you access programs that will improve your language.

If you are coming to work in PEI, you may be wondering how your education, knowledge, skills and experience compare to Canadian standards.

For more information, visit Office of Immigration
Published date: 
September 22, 2023
Executive Council Office

General Inquiries

Contact Government
or use the Feedback tab to share your comments and feedback