Property Tax Relief Measures Due to COVID-19
Due to the Public Health Emergency of COVID-19, property tax relief measures are now in place, including the option to defer property tax payment. The measures include the following:
- deferring provincial property tax and fee payments until December 31, 2020;
- extending property assessment appeal deadlines for assessment year 2020 to December 31, 2020;
- providing interest relief for tax year 2020, including all past due amounts;
- suspending tax sale processes for the remainder of 2020; and
- delaying mailing of provincial tax bills for 2020 until June.
Property tax deferral payment due dates
- Past due: seven (7) month extension
- Installment #1: seven (7) month extension
- Installment #2: four (4) month extension
- Installment #3: one (1) month extension
Offices are closed to the public until further notice, If you have questions, contact the Provincial Tax office by phone or email.