Provincial Response to Coronavirus
The Chief Public Health Office of Prince Edward Island is working closely with federal, provincial, and territorial counterparts to ensure any cases of novel coronavirus continue to be rapidly identified and managed to protect the health of Islanders.
Prince Edward Island’s health care system is actively monitoring potential cases of COVID-19. Locations have been established for COVID-19 swab testing for symptomatic individuals who have returned from out-of-province travel.
Other work includes:
- monitoring hospitals for potential cases
- applying effective control measures and, if needed, isolating cases
- communicating directly with community organizations and universities
- sharing accurate, up-to-date information with partners and residents
- working closely with federal, provincial and territorial partners to share information and assess potential health risks
The Province of Prince Edward Island has established a special situation response group, with government representatives from various departments and agencies, to consider and prepare for all impacts related to COVID-19 to the province, including economic.