Web Presence Assistance Terms & Conditions
By submitting your application, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions if the Company is approved to receive a Grant. These Terms and Conditions, the Application, and the Web Presence Assistance Guidelines constitute the entire Agreement between the parties.
The Grant will be subject to the Company hiring the web developer identified on the Quote to design and launch a website, as indicated on the Quote. The web developer must be registered to conduct business in PEI.
The Grant will be calculated at the rate of 40 percent of Eligible Project Costs to a maximum Grant amount of $ 500.00, with the exact amount of the Grant identified by Innovation PEI within the Grant approval notification.
Payment will be based on actual Eligible Project Costs as evidenced at the time of your request for payment, but in no event will it exceed the maximum Grant amount.
“Company” means the company identified on the application form.
“Grant” means the financial assistance approved by Innovation PEI for Web Presence Assistance.
“Project” means the specified website design and launch related activities, work or undertaking described in the Company’s application (the “Application”).
“Quote” means a document provided by the web developer detailing work to be completed and the agreed fixed price.
“Eligible Project Costs” means those reasonable and proper costs of the Project which have been accepted by Innovation PEI in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles excluding the following items:
- HST or any other federal or provincial tax which may be eligible to be fully or partially refunded.
“Request for Payment” means a copy of each supplier invoice and proof of payment for each invoice for the Eligible Project Costs, the Company’s new website address resulting from the Project, and a reference to the Project Authorization number included in the Grant approval notification.
The Grant will be disbursed once the Company submits a complete Request for Payment to Innovation PEI’s representative identified in the Grant approval notification.
3.0 ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS
In addition to the foregoing, the Company agrees to the following conditions:
- To commence work on the Project on or after the date the Company submits the application to Innovation PEI; Innovation PEI may decline to contribute to any costs incurred prior to this date.
- To complete the Project and submit a Request for Payment not later than eight months from the date the Company receives a Grant approval notification from Innovation PEI.
- If the Request for Payment is not received by Innovation PEI within eight months from the date the Company receives a Grant approval notification from Innovation PEI, the Company will be deemed to have declined the Grant and will have no future claim to payment of the Grant.
- Release of information relating to the funding of this Project may be made under the terms and conditions of this Agreement. No announcements may be made by the Company without written approval of Innovation PEI.
- No member of the Legislative Assembly shall be admitted to any part, or share of this Agreement or to any benefits to arise there from.
- The web development firm used for the Project must be registered to do business in PEI.
- Should the Company fail to abide by any of the conditions under this Agreement, Innovation PEI may require that the Grant be repaid on demand and any unpaid amounts may be revoked.
4.0 OTHER ASSISTANCE
The Company may not receive non-repayable contribution(s) or grant(s) from any other source for the Project. If the Company accepts any non-repayable contribution(s) or grant(s) from any other source for the Project, Innovation PEI’s approval of the Grant will be null and void.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of the Province of Prince Edward Island, and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, and no action or proceeding shall be brought to construe or enforce this Agreement except in those courts having jurisdiction in the Province of Prince Edward Island.
6.0 FREEDOM OF INFORMATION AND PROTECTION OF PRIVACY ACT
Information contained in and collected in relation to this Agreement is subject to and will be treated in accordance with, the Prince Edward Island Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The amount of the Contribution may be disclosed at the discretion of Innovation PEI and in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act R.S.P.E.I. 1988, Cap. F-15.01.
- The applicant consents to having Innovation PEI make any inquiries of such persons, firms or corporations as it deems necessary in order to reach a decision on this application.
- Application must be submitted before any financial or legal commitment is made on the project.
- Personal information on this form is collected under Section 31(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and is necessary to determine your suitability and/or eligibility for programs delivered by Innovation PEI. If you have any questions about this collection of personal information, you may contact Innovation PEI, Toll Free: 1-800-563-3734 or Email: email@example.com
- The information provided on this application is, to the best of my knowledge and ability, complete, true and correct.