What is the role of the Seniors Navigator?
The role of the Seniors Navigator is to enhance access to information, and the navigational experiences of near seniors, seniors, their family members and their caregivers.
The work of the Seniors Navigator will allow seniors to access programs and services from community organizations, municipal, provincial and federal governments in a timelier manner.
How can the Seniors Navigator assist me?
There are many ways that the Seniors Navigator can help, including:
- Assisting with information on services and programs;
- Directing to the appropriate service and programs contacts;
- Helping with completing applications for services and programs;
- Helping to direct seniors’ concerns to the appropriate avenue, and/or;
- Promoting awareness of the services and programs for seniors
Does the Seniors Navigator provide service across the Province?
Yes, the Seniors Navigator can assist anyone in Prince Edward Island who is looking for support.
Does the Seniors Navigator provide community outreach?
Yes, the Seniors Navigator offers several outreach sessions per month in communities across Prince Edward Island. Below are the dates, times, and locations the Senior Navigator will be in communities across PEI.
- Thursday November 16: Cornwall (Town Hall) from 9am to 12pm
- Wednesday November 22: Charlottetown (Access PEI Royalty Crossing Mall) from 9am to 4pm
- Thursday November 23: Wellington (Access PEI) from 10am to 12pm
- Thursday November 23: Summerside (Access PEI) 1pm to 3pm
- Tuesday November 28: Souris (Access PEI) from 10am to 12pm
- Tuesday November 28: Montague (Access PEI) from 1pm to 3pm
- Tuesday, December 5: Tignish Access PEI: 10 am – 12pm (noon)
- Tuesday, December 5: O’Leary Access PEI: 1 pm – 3 pm
- Wednesday, December 6: Charlottetown Access PEI (Royalty Mall): 9am - 4pm
- Tuesday, December 12: Summerside Access PEI: 9am – 3pm
- Wednesday, December 13: Charlottetown Library: 9:30am– 3:30pm
- Tuesday, December 19: Souris Access PEI: 10am – 12pm (noon)
- Tuesday, December 19: Montague Access PEI: 1pm – 3pm
- Wednesday, December 20: Charlottetown Access PEI (Royalty Mall): 9am - 4pm
- Thursday, December 21: Cornwall Town Hall: 9am to 12pm
Financial Workshops for Seniors (Fall 2023)
The Office of Seniors is hosting several workshops this fall that provide important financial information to PEI seniors (65 and older). These free workshops will inform seniors on financial literacy, financial safety, and financial benefits (provincial and federal). These workshops are offered in partnership with Service Canada, Canada Revenue Agency, and the RCMP.
The workshops aim to provide information on the following topics:
- Provincial and Federal benefits that PEI seniors may be eligible for
- Scam and fraud prevention
- The work of the Seniors Navigator
- Additional supports available to Island seniors.
Below is a list of upcoming workshop dates and locations. Seniors who are interested in attending a workshop in their area can register for a workshop by phone (902-213-5820) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
|Cornwall||Cornwall Library (Lower Level of Cornwall Town Hall)
15 Mercedes Drive, Cornwall
|Thursday, November 16||9:30am – 1:00pm|
|Stratford||Stratford Cornerstone Baptist Church
295 Shakespeare Drive, Stratford
|Tuesday, November 21||9:00am – 12:30pm|
|Wellington||Wellington Access PEI (Boardroom)
48 Mills Road, Wellington
|Monday, November 27||9:00am – 12:30pm|
|Virtual||Microsoft Teams Meeting||Monday, December 4||9:00am – 12:00pm|
Who is the Seniors Navigator, and how can I reach them?
The Seniors Navigator is Melanie Melanson.
The Seniors Navigator can be reached by:
Are there any other resources that I can access to help me figure out what supports and services for seniors are available?
The Prince Edward Island Seniors Guide is an informative resource that includes a list of known services and supports, across a variety of sectors and areas of interest, that are available to seniors across Prince Edward Island.
This guide is updated every 1-2 years by the Department of Social Development and Seniors.