Apply to Enter PEI for Family Support
As part of the Renew PEI Together plan, family members with Canadian citizenship or who have permanent resident of Canada status and who reside in a province or territory outside of Atlantic Canada may be reunited with Prince Edward Island residents to provide them with additional needed supports. As a family member, you may apply online from the link below.
Family members, such as a parent, child, sibling, grandchild, grandparent, common-law partner or spouse, who comes to PEI to provide family support must self-isolate for 14 days and stay in the province a minimum of 15 days. Testing will may be required on a case-by-case basis.
The purpose of the family support application is to assist residents who need support from family members living in outside of PEI. Applications under this category must demonstrate that the visit provides necessary support to Islanders for:
- emotional and/or psychological support;
- personal care;
- home support;
- respite; or
- child care.
Note: Requests are not intended for regular family visits or vacations.
The family member who will provide support to the PEI resident must complete an application for pre-travel approval. The online application form and required supporting documentation includes:
- Travel Details to help simplify the process at your point of entry – including mode of travel, arrival and departure dates with estimated time of entry, point of entry, the number of travelers in your vehicle and identifying information for each individual traveling with you, if applicable;
- Health Assessment Declaration to pre-screen for symptoms or a diagnosis of COVID-19 at the time of application;
- Self-Isolation Plan to show that you have a pre-arranged plan and agree to comply with it; see COVID-19 Self-Isolation;
- Family Declaration Form to show that a PEI resident needs and/or welcomes your support as a family member. The PEI resident must download the Family Support Declaration form, print and sign for you to include as part of your online application.
You will be contacted when a decision has been made on your application. Due to the high volume of requests and a thorough review process, delays can be expected. The expected wait time is two weeks.
For anyone who does not have access to technology or requires assistance in navigating the application form, contact Hospice PEI for assistance at 1-844-954-7433 (toll-free). Note: Personnel at this number can only provide assistance with completing these specific applications and cannot speak to application status or any other questions related to the application or entry to PEI in general.
Tips for a successful online submission
- Any section of the online form marked with * is a required field and must be completed.
- Applications with inaccurate information or incomplete documentation will not be processed.
- Application requirements vary based on your selections.
- It may take additional time to upload a file.
- Resize files larger than 1 MB before uploading (see resizing photos for online applications).
- Keep a record of your Submission ID (example: 34123).
- In the Reason for Entry section of the online form, select Exceptional or Compassionate Grounds, then Family Support.
- Note that the Family Support Declaration form is referred to as Family Member Attestation in the online form.
Note: All requests for approval must be submitted through the online application available below.