Apply for PEI Arts Grants Funding On-line
PEI Arts Grants provides support to encourage the development of the arts community in the province. Funding is available to Prince Edward Island artists through a juried grant application process.
The requirements are different for each Arts Grant stream. Your application will be reviewed by your peers and funding will be allocated based on the quality of your application. You must complete a separate application for each grant.
What do I need to complete my online application?
You must meet the eligibility requirements for the funding program(s) to which you are applying.
You must include a curriculum vitae or resume, project description, including the start and end date of the project, the amount requested, as well as any other relevant information.
Your application must include the following:
- a project plan and details of how the project will be executed (upload a document 750 words or less). Your project plan should include:
- the artistic vision of the project
- the impact on your career development/arts practice
- the project plan (how the project will be executed, what is the timeline)
- what will you produce? (Creation grant)
- how will you disseminate it? (Creation grant and Dissemination grant)
- a budget, including detailed income and expenses. Full disclosure of federal and provincial government assistance is required.
Your submission must also include the following:
- appropriate support material demonstrating recent artistic achievements and must be relevant to the proposed project;
- examples of support material
- audio samples: 3 selections (maximum 15 minutes);
- written material: maximum 15 pages
- photos/digital images: maximum 10
- reviews or articles: maximum 3
- further, where it is appropriate, please include:
- acceptance into a program (required for Professional Development)
- written offer for exhibition, performance
- tour date confirmation
- letters of support
How will applications be assessed?
The Director of Cultural Development will coordinate a juried peer-led process for grant distribution. Peer assessment provides the best possible means of identifying outstanding ability and artistic merit in the arts. Each Peer Assessment Jury shall consist of a chairperson and a six member committee of peer adjudicators as assembled by the Director of Cultural Development.
What is the deadline to apply for a grant?
PEI Arts Grants will open in Spring 2020 at noon on April 17 and close at 4pm on May 15.
When will I be notified of a decision?
All applicants will be advised of the assessment decision via e-mail within six weeks of the grant deadline.
Who do I contact with questions?
Creative Industries Development Officer
Phone: 902 569-7742
94 Euston Street, Charlottetown