COVID-19 Test Results
For information about being tested for COVID-19, visit information about COVID-19 testing in PEI.
Get your test result online
- You must enter the following information:
- PEI Health Card number (PEI Residents) OR Medical Record Number (Visitors)*
- Date of birth
- Date of test
- If your test result does not display after 48 hours or if you have trouble getting your test result online, email MyTestResults@ihis.org or call 1-833-533-9333. Press 1 for health information and leave a voicemail to receive a call back
- Results will be available online for 14 days from the date of your test
* Medical Record Number (or MRN) is an 8- or 9-digit number on the test card that non-Island residents receive when they are tested.
If your test is positive
Follow the steps outlined here: Information for people who have tested positive for COVID-19
- Public Health will be prioritizing who receives phone calls after a positive COVID-19 test. Not everyone will receive a call.
If my test result is negative, can I stop self-isolating?
If your testing clinic test result is NEGATIVE:
- If you were tested because you had symptoms and have no known exposure to COVID-19, you do not need to stay in isolation after you receive your result online. You should stay home while you are ill.
- If you were tested because you are a close contact WITH SYMPTOMS, you are no longer required to isolate but you should stay home while experiencing symptoms and if continuing to experience symptoms, you should test again. Once your symptoms resolve, you should continue to follow enhanced measures for close contacts, as outlined here.
- If you were tested because you are a close contact who works, lives or access services in a vulnerable setting, and do NOT have symptoms, you are not required to isolate, but should continue to follow enhanced measures for close contacts, as outlined here.