Emergency Relief - Worker Assistance Program
The Emergency Relief - Worker Assistance Program is a temporary program to provide financial support to employers to assist their employed workers who have been impacted by reduced hours at work as a result of COVID-19.
Who is Eligible?
Eligible employers include registered private sector businesses or non-profit organizations in Prince Edward Island where employed workers have experienced a reduction of at least 8 hours per week, as compared to pre-COVID-19 hours, during the four week period March 16, 2020-April 11, 2020.
Note: Workers laid off during this period are not eligible for support under this program.
How does the Program Work?
Once you submit your completed application package, you will receive an email confirmation with your online reference number.
A program officer will contact you to review and discuss your application.
Employers who meet the program criteria are eligible to receive the following:
- A maximum of $250 per week for each employed worker that experienced a reduction of at least 8 hours per week, as compared to pre-COVID-19 hours during the four week period March 16, 2020-April 11, 2020. (An example, an employed worker that typically works 40 hours/week was reduced to a minimum 32 hours/week).
Note: Employers are encouraged to complete one application for the two week period. Employers will receive a 90% advance upon approval of application and the final reimbursement will be provided upon receipt of payroll verification. Employers will be required to complete a payment claim form prior to final reimbursement.
How do I Apply?
Employers must complete the application on behalf of the employees.
To assess your application you must:
- Complete the Emergency Relief - Worker Assistance Program online application form
- Upload Payee Registration Form . This form must be uploaded during the application process. Do not email the Payee Registration Form to Payment Processing.
- Banking Information - Void Cheque OR Correspondence from Financial Institution for Direct Deposit.
You will also need the following information in order to complete the online application form:
- Legal Business Name
- Provincial Corporate Registry Number or Business Number/HST Number
- Workers Compensation Firm Number
- Date Business Established
- Legal Signing Officers
When is the deadline?
Online applications can be submitted until April 30, 2020
For more information regarding this program, please contact SkillsPEI at 902-368-6290 or 902-438-4151.