Fiona Clean Up
Fiona Tree Cleanup-Residential
Provincial government crews have resumed residential clean-up of Fiona-damaged trees in communities across PEI. Work is underway on previously registered residential properties and will start on new requests as soon as possible. The Province will receive new requests for Fiona tree clearing in areas outside Charlottetown and Summerside from May 23 to June 16, 2023.
If you requested provincial tree-clearing assistance last fall, you do not need to submit a new request. Residents of Charlottetown and Summerside may be eligible for residential tree services through their municipality.
If trees on your residential property are leaning or fallen due to Fiona and you need provincial crews to help, complete the online form below or call 1-833-734-1873 before June 16, 2023.
What do I need to complete the online form?
You will be asked to provide:
- Identity and contact details
- Property location, municipal and county
- Tree/debris details, i.e. trees against house, blocking driveway
- Location of power, phone and internet lines in relation to debris
How much cleanup can provincial crews provide?
To address safety hazards as quickly as possible, priority clean-up services are limited to residential properties with Fiona-damaged trees and limbs:
- Leaning towards a house;
- Blocking access to house, driveway, or structures, i.e. a garage or shed; and
- Fallen on residential lawns.
Provincial crews cannot remove tree stumps at this time. Businesses, unoccupied properties, and wooded areas are not eligible for provincial tree clearing services.
Other options for Fiona debris disposal include:
- Roadside debris pick-up. Provincial crews will pick-up branches piled at the roadside in areas outside Charlottetown and Summerside. Bring debris to the road by June 30, 2023.
- Private disposal pits. Fiona debris is accepted free of charge at storm disposal sites across the province. Find a Debris Disposal Site location.
- IWMC Waste Watch Drop-Off Centre: Take Fiona debris to a IWMC Disposal Facility. Standard fees apply.