Licence to Purchase Ozone Depleting and Regulated Substances
A valid licence is required to purchase any regulated or ozone-depleting substance such as those used in refrigeration, air conditioning, fire suppression, electronics cleaning, and solvents. A licence is valid for up to two years and must be renewed by October 31st of the second year after it is issued. All PEI licences will expire October 31, 2019.
What do I need to complete the online form?
To submit the online form below, you will need to provide the following:
- Current business contact information
- Current licence to purchase # (for renewal only)
- Name and certification (HRAI) number for each staff person who will handle the substance (new applicants only)
- Recovery/recycling equipment specifications including: Manufacturer, model #, year and type
- All occupational areas of use, i.e., refrigeration, heating, residential, commercial
- New applicants must upload copies of HRAI and Red Seal or Apprenticeship certification
- Renewal applicants must provide
- Full payment ($200)
How long will it take to complete the form?
Providing you have all certification and equipment information ready, you can complete this form in less than 30 minutes.
What is the fee for a licence to purchase?
The cost for a Licence to Purchase at $100/year is $200. A licence must be renewed for two years.
How long will it take to process my request?
Please allow up to two days to process this licence application.