Licence to Purchase Ozone Depleting and Regulated Substances
A valid licence is required to purchase any regulated or ozone-depleting substance such as those used in refrigeration, air conditioning, fire suppression, electronics cleaning, and solvents. A licence is valid for up to two years and must be renewed by October 31st of the second year after it is issued. All PEI licences will expire October 31, 2019.
What do I need to complete the online form?
To submit the online form below, you will need to provide the following:
- Current business contact information
- Renewal applicants must provide current licence to purchase number
- Name and certification (HRAI) number for each staff person who will handle the substance (new applicants only)
- Recovery/recycling equipment specifications including: Manufacturer, model #, year and type
- All occupational areas of use, i.e., refrigeration, heating, residential, commercial
- New applicants must upload copies of HRAI and Red Seal or Apprenticeship certification
- Full payment
How long will it take to complete the form?
Providing you have all certification and equipment information ready, you can complete this form in less than 30 minutes.
What is the fee for a licence to purchase?
The cost for a Licence to Purchase is $100 per year and is pro-rated after November 1, or 12 months before expiration.
For example if you purchase a licence in October 2018, the cost for a Licence to Purchase is $200 and will expire October 31, 2019. If you purchase a new licence in November 2018, the fee is $100 and it will expire October 31, 2019.
A licence must be renewed for two years and the fee is always $200.
How long will it take to process my request?
Please allow up to two days to process this licence application.