Licence to Purchase Ozone Depleting and Regulated Substances
A valid licence is required to purchase any regulated or ozone-depleting substance such as those used in refrigeration, air conditioning, fire suppression, electronics cleaning, and solvents. A licence is valid for up to two years and must be renewed by October 31st of the second year after it is issued. All PEI licences will expire October 31, 2025..
What do I need to complete the online form?
To submit the online form below, you will need to provide the following:
- Current business contact information
- Renewal applicants must provide current licence to purchase number
- Name and certification number from Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Institute of Canada (HRAI) for each staff person who will handle the substance
- Recovery/recycling equipment specifications including: Manufacturer, model #, year and type
- All occupational areas of use, i.e., refrigeration, heating, residential, commercial
- New applicants must upload copies of HRAI and Red Seal or Apprenticeship certification
- Full payment
How long will it take to complete the form?
Providing you have all certification and equipment information ready, you can complete this form in less than 30 minutes.
What is the fee for a licence to purchase?
The cost for a new Licence to Purchase is $100 per year and is pro-rated after November 1, or 12 months before expiration.
A licence renewal must be renewed for two years and the fee is always $200.
How long will it take to process my request?
Please allow up to two weeks to process this licence application.
Who do I contact?
Chief Boiler Inspector
J. Elmer Blanchard Building
31 Gordon Drive
Telephone: (902) 368-5567
Fax: (902) 368-5526
This service accepts payments using VISA, VISA Debit, MasterCard, and Debit MasterCard.