Liquefied Petroleum (LP) Gas Plant Licence
A licence is required to store and sell liquefied petroleum gas in PEI. A licence is valid for a maximum three years. All current licences expire December 31, 2024. Click on the button below to renew your L.P. Gas Plant licence online.
What if I need a first-time licence?
For your first LP Gas Plant licence, you must apply directly to the Propane, Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspector, submitting the following:
- Storage facility drawing showing the location of the gas tanks, property lines, fencing and protection for vehicular and pedestrian traffic;
- Full payment of fee, $75 for each year to maximum $225 (cheque payable to Minister of Finance); and
- Completed Application for LP Gas Plant Licence.
Please allow one week to process your application.
What do I need to renew my licence online?
You will be asked to provide the following:
- Personal and business contact information
- Class of licence to be renewed
- Name and LP Gas Personnel Licence number for each qualified person in your plant
- Full payment of fee, $75 for each year to maximum $225
How long will it take to complete the online form?
Depending on the number of qualified personnel you must enter, you can complete the form in less than 30 minutes.
How long will it take to process my renewal?
Your renewal is valid when you submit the online form and payment.
Who can I contact for more information?
Chief Boiler Inspector
J. Elmer Blanchard Building
31 Gordon Drive
Telephone: (902) 368-5567
Fax: (902) 368-5526
This service accepts payments using VISA, VISA Debit, MasterCard, and Debit MasterCard.