Liquefied Petroleum (LP) Gas Plant Licence
Notice - New procedures during COVID-19 Pandemic
Inspection Services and Provincial Planning Offices located in Charlottetown, Montague and Summerside remain open to the public with reduced occupancy. Meetings with inspectors or planning staff will be by appointment only (see telephone numbers listed below).
The O’Leary location will be accessible to the public by appointment only by calling 902-213-7884.
Please be advised that there are be screening protocols and operational procedures in place to protect both the public and our staff.
We wish to remind the public that many of our permits and licenses can be applied for online.
Additionally applications will be accepted via email, fax or mail:
Email: email@example.com (link sends e-mail)
Mail: 31 Gordon Drive, Charlottetown, PE, C1A 6B8
A licence is required to store and sell liquefied petroleum gas in PEI. A licence is valid for a maximum three years. All current licences expire December 31, 2021. Click on the button below to renew your L.P. Gas Plant licence online.
What if I need a first-time licence?
For your first LP Gas Plant licence, you must apply directly to the Propane, Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspector, submitting the following:
- Storage facility drawing showing the location of the gas tanks, property lines, fencing and protection for vehicular and pedestrian traffic;
- Full payment of fee, $75 for each year to maximum $225 (cheque payable to Minister of Finance); and
- Completed Application for LP Gas Plant Licence.
Please allow one week to process your application.
What do I need to renew my licence online?
You will be asked to provide the following:
- Personal and business contact information
- Class of licence to be renewed
- Name and LP Gas Personnel Licence number for each qualified person in your plant
- Full payment of fee, $75 for each year to maximum $225
How long will it take to complete the online form?
Depending on the number of qualified personnel you must enter, you can complete the form in less than 30 minutes.
How long will it take to process my renewal?
Your renewal is valid when you submit the online form and payment.
Who can I contact for more information?
J. Elmer Blanchard Building
31 Gordon Drive
Charlottetown, PE C1A 6B8
Telephone: (902) 368-5567
Fax: (902) 368-5526
This service accepts payments using VISA, VISA Debit, MasterCard, and Debit MasterCard.