PEI Public Library Music and Memory Program - Register Online
Music & Memory is a non-profit organization that uses personalized music to improve the lives of individuals with cognitive and physical conditions. By partnering with Music & Memory, the PEI Public Library Service aims to help Islanders living with dementia, Alzheimer's, and other memory loss conditions. Participants in the Music & Memory program can borrow a portable music device (mp3) preloaded with their favourite music for up to six weeks, with the possibility of renewal.
Similar to existing library services, staff will deliver the free device to the library branch you select for pickup or directly to your Community Care Centre, if your facility has registered for library delivery services.
Complete the online form below to request your personal music playlist.
What do I need to complete the online form?
You will need to provide the following information:
- Participant name and contact information
- Caregiver name and contact information, if applicable
- Library card number (optional)
- Preferred music genre (checklist provided)
- Favourite artist(s), i.e. bands and musicians
- Specific songs you want included
- Delivery options:
- Most convenient library for pick up; or
- Community Care Facility (facility must be registered for library delivery service)
When will I get my device?
Please allow two weeks for us to process your request, complete the upload, and send it to you. Library staff will contact you when your device arrives at your selected library or facility staff will let you know when it arrives at your Community Care Centre.
How can I support Music & Memory?
The library is happy to accept donations of new or gently-used iPods, MP3 players, and iTunes gift cards.