PEI Senior Islanders of the Year Award
The PEI Senior Islanders of the Year award was created to celebrate the many contributions of Island seniors, and to promote positive images of aging.
Each year, awards are presented to older adults who have made significant contributions to Island life through:
- artistic or musical achievement;
- fundraising and/or community activities;
- leadership and service to others during the pandemic; and/or
- other activities.
Who qualifies for a Senior Islanders of the Year Award?
In order to qualify, the nominees must be:
- Known to have made significant contributions to Island life;
- Current residents of Prince Edward Island;
- 65 years of age or older; and
- Willing to stand for nomination, and agree to participate in internal and external communications to promote the award recipients.
How do I nominate someone?
Islanders can nominate someone by:
- Completing the online application form (by clicking “apply now” at the bottom of this page);
- Downloading the nomination form and submitting a hard copy to:
Senior Islander of the Year Award
Attn: Seniors Secretariat, Hailey Arsenault
2nd floor, Jones Building
11 Kent Street
Charlottetown PE, C1A 7N8
- Downloading the nomination form and submitting an electronic copy to email@example.com
For those who are unable to download a nomination form, you can contact us to be provided with a copy.
What is included as part of the nomination process?
Islanders who are interested in nominating a senior for a PEI Senior Islanders of the Year award are asked to complete the nomination form in full, and provide a minimum of two letters of support detailing the reasons for the nomination.
Who reviews the nominations?
Nominations are reviewed by the PEI Seniors' Secretariat.
What is the nomination deadline?
The deadline for nominations for the 2022 awards is August 22, 2022.
Office of Seniors
Telephone: (902) 620-3785