PEI Workforce Application Form
You can submit your application for any of the Office of Immigration’s Workforce streams, if you have received an Invitation to Apply from our Expression of Interest system.
To review eligibility criteria for your specific Workforce Stream, please visit one of the following pages:
- Critical Workers
- International Graduates
- Skilled Workers in PEI
- Skilled Workers outside Canada
- PEI Express Entry
What do I need to apply to the Workforce Category?
You must have a valid Invitation to Apply from the PEI Office of Immigration with an assigned File Number. If you do not have an Invitation to Apply, please review our Expression of Interest system to determine if you’re eligible.
Once you have been invited to apply, it’s recommended that you collect all of the information required for your application before you begin.
The following types of information will be required and must support the information you provided in your Expression of Interest profile:
- Provincial Immigration Program Details, including the specific stream to which you are applying and related Federal Express Entry details (if applicable)
- Personal Details, including your contact information, passport/travel document, and work permit (if applicable)
- Residence and Employment history for the past five years
- Information about your immediate family members
- Application history, both Federal and Provincial (if applicable)
- Education History
- Prince Edward Island Job Offer (if applicable)
- Settlement Plan showing intent to reside in Prince Edward Island
- Representative information (if applicable)
For a complete and detailed list of all required information, please review our Workforce Application Guide.
What is the fee to apply to the Workforce Category?
The fee to apply to all streams of the PEI Workforce Category is $300 CAD. The fee is non-refundable and must be submitted to the Office of Immigration before your application will be considered complete.
How long will it take to complete this application?
Please collect all your information before beginning your application. Your progress on this form cannot be saved; therefore you must complete the entire application and submit in one sitting.
After successfully submitting your online Workforce Application Form, you will receive an on-screen confirmation number. Within two business days of submission, you will receive an email from the PEI Office of Immigration with your secure link to upload your supporting documents in one combined PDF file. Once we receive this file from you, we will save your complete application and prepare it for one of our Officers to begin processing. At this point, we will remove access to your secure upload link and update the status of your EOI profile to "Applied". It is important that you have submitted all of your supporting documents together in one PDF. If our Officer requires any additional information, it will be requested during processing.
Please understand that this process can take up to five business days to complete, depending on when you submit your online Application form and then subsequently, your supporting documents. Please log into your EOI account to check the status of your application submission.
What other information do I need to know before I fill in the application?
All supporting documents must be provided as one combined portable document format (PDF) file. You will have to scan paper documents into PDF files and convert electronic documents into PDF files and then combine all files into one for submission. Note that all documents must be clear enough to read and
- documents with images should be scanned in colour;
- text-only documents may be scanned at a grayscale setting to reduce file size;
- scanner resolution should be a minimum of 300 dots per inch;
- no enhancement or editing should be done to a scanned document;
- the total size of the document should be no more than 50 megabytes (MB);
- and the file name of your attachment must be no more than 50 characters.
Tips for a successful online submission:
- Use the most recent version of Google Chrome as your Internet browser.
- Any section of the online form marked with * is a required field and must be completed. If a required field is missed, you will receive an error at the top of the page after you try to move on to the next page.
- Keep a printed copy of the Preview page and the Submission ID (example: 34123).
- Ensure you are using a stable Internet connection, especially when uploading a file.